Vintage Gretsch Guitars

NGD: 1958 6120

Hi All Those that know me on the forum, know that I been on a kind of quest for that Gretsch that will really be the “one”. I was very pleased to receive this beauty today. A 1958, heavy trestle braced 6120 with original cowboy case. I’m definitely in the honeymoon phase but I can say it plays and sounds better than the 1961 6120 that I had. I’m extremely pleased so far.

Welcome to the club Travis... I love my '58 as well! I'm digging the Duane style (cast) handle on that B6 too! That guitar is LEGIT! Congrats!

Welcome to the club Travis... I love my '58 as well! I'm digging the Duane style (cast) handle on that B6 too! That guitar is LEGIT! Congrats!

– kc_eddie_b

Thank so much Ed! Here’s a pic of the serial, btw.

That's Sweet! Congrats on getting your "Grail" guitar.

Thank so much Ed! Here’s a pic of the serial, btw.

– Travis Johnson

Congratulations Travis! Looks like some sweat, alcohol and or dust may have found it’s way into your guitar. A good sign that someone played it!

Congrats Travis! Always a great day when you find your grail instrument. I love the shade of orange and it's aged to the just the right patina. What's the difference in tone/sound you're noticing between this guitar and the '61 you mentioned?

Congrats Travis! Always a great day when you find your grail instrument. I love the shade of orange and it's aged to the just the right patina. What's the difference in tone/sound you're noticing between this guitar and the '61 you mentioned?

– Windsordave

Thanks Windsordave! The ‘61 sound a bit brighter and a bit thinner than this one in my memory. I wish I could have A/B’d them properly.

Oooh. Congrats, Travis. I’d love to own a ‘58 (it was the best year for everything)

Cool! Congratulations and yes: welcome to the vintage 6120 club!

Solid 6120 there. Those are simply great guitars.

You’ll be picking with a grin from here on out.

Congrats

Congrats Travis.

I always enjoy watching your buying and selling from the side lines.

The 1958 model 6120 would be my grail hollow-body Gretsch too. My 58 conversion just rocks!

Joe

Nice! Those are sturdy and purdy and love to be played LOUD!

Good news Travis. Congrats. It’s a beauty.

Congratulations Travis, that's one good looking guitar! I only have one Gretsch guitar, and have been gassing for another one.

Can you tell us where you got it, and how ??? Congrats!

WOW!! Gorgeous -- enjoy and be proud!

Congrats Travis,that's a stunner !

Congrats Travis !!! I recently had a 61 & found this 59 6120

Congrats Travis !!! I recently had a 61 & found this 59 6120

– iceman

Label

Register Sign in to join the conversation