Vintage Gretsch Guitars

New case for my 58 conversion

Wanted to share what an awesome case I got from my buddy Steve at Music Solutions. This is a 1958 Streamliner to 6120 conversion Guitar. So it has the wide 58 style headstock. I asked Steve for a “cool-ass” case for this cool guitar. He said he had a brown tweed case that might fit The bill. It’s a TKL and is perfect. The case is high quality, has great neck support and lots of padding.

Very nice! Looks like a great fit too!

It really is and fits snug as a bug. I can get the model number from the tags if anyone is interested in that.

Joe

It really is and fits snug as a bug. I can get the model number from the tags if anyone is interested in that.

Joe

– Joe Desperado

Yes, please. Would love to know what model that case is.

The tag list it as TKL P65-08 / 2018.

I am not sure if Steve has more or not, but you can contact him on Facebook at Music Solutions (Bolingbrook IL). Or PM me directly and I can give you his contact number if you want to reach him. If he does, he will give you a great deal on one.

Otherwise, I am sure any TKL dealer could probably get one for you.

Wow, really loving your guitar there, JD. Big fan of the sunburst look.

Yes, Joe. Nice case and the guitar is stunning.

here are a few more shots of the guitar. This is the original thick guard. Would love to find a Sign Post guard. Current pickups are TV Jones, but looking for period correct FTs.

Original Sunburst finish has sunken into the wood grain and just looks so cool.

shot of the headstock. Because I love the Sunburst 6120s, I matched all the features to those rare versions of this iconic guitar model.

Are you looking for a repro or original vintage on that sign-post guard Joe? I've got a '57... cut for Dynasonic pu.

Is that a spruce top?

Is that a spruce top?

– Otter

My 1958 Streamliner 6190 has a spruce top as well!

Register Sign in to join the conversation