Vintage Gretsch Guitars

new year’s resolution

Kill off this hankering for a Twist or Princess... just Move On, Nothing to See Here. So we've had one guy trolling for over $2500 for a princess and here's this guy with a twist that has good color but up close ain't all that clean. What's the most you'd lay down for this one, realizing answers could be all over -- from ' I wouldn 't pollute my collection with one of these' to more positive reactions.

Keep in mind I am in no danger of actually making an offer on this. Have a few other projects to finish up and pay for ahead of anything else.

Happy New Year

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RA...

I resolve to get down to a “core four” of guitars, so look for me posting some for sale soon.

I'm pretty good at selling one if I want to acquire one.. most of time.

My resolution is to aquire MORE GEAR! I'm trying to build a new studio, I've had a few nice studios in the past, but I'm wanting something even better. Happy new year everyone!

Mine is to learn Cliff Gallup’s “Race With The Devil” guitar solo!

I resolve to get down to a “core four” of guitars, so look for me posting some for sale soon.

– NJBob

Please don’t sell the BZ NJBob! Would rather trade back the Spectra Sonic. But if you don’t consider the BZ to be a “core” guitar then you are crazy if you don’t mind me saying so

– NJBob

Please don’t sell the BZ NJBob! Would rather trade back the Spectra Sonic. But if you don’t consider the BZ to be a “core” guitar then you are crazy if you don’t mind me saying so

Whoever has a BZ man u should keep it. Not sure how many were made but would be a keep for me.

– Brian_66

The core-four includes the BZ, plus the 3967, partscaster by Josh and 3110. I guess I need to keep my 3410 Rancher Jr. too for acoustic only, so that makes it a Hive of Five.

What goes is the 460, 3140, 5259 special jet and 63’ Corvette.

Oh, I’ll probably keep my jr jet bass, so that makes it the Mix of Six.

What's a 460 -- also we at least gotta see pix of a '63 Vette

460 is a piezo pupd jet. Limited run. Google it. I’ll properly post sales with photos this week.

Kill off this hankering for a Twist or Princess... just Move On, Nothing to See Here. So we've had one guy trolling for over $2500 for a princess and here's this guy with a twist that has good color but up close ain't all that clean. What's the most you'd lay down for this one, realizing answers could be all over -- from ' I wouldn 't pollute my collection with one of these' to more positive reactions.

Keep in mind I am in no danger of actually making an offer on this. Have a few other projects to finish up and pay for ahead of anything else.

Happy New Year

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RA...

– DCBirdMan

The guitar does have some battle scars on it. And it is a single HiLo'Tron sort of in the general vicinity of the bridge. On the other hand, these guitars don't come along every day. I might consider parting with $1,000 for a guitar like that, Robert. What say you?

In this case, the bridge -Hi Lo -on -solidbody sound is what I am exclusively after. So am limiting the search to single bridge p./u no trem, which these are. 1K to 1100 would work for me but still in no rush till the right one comes along

Register Sign in to join the conversation