Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Mellta bridge screws ?

Hi guys hope you’re staying safe and well ! I’m in the process of swapping out the screws in my Melita bridge the profiles on the original ones are way too high and tend to dig in or scrape on the back of my hand I need some low profile ones like these ... I think it’s probably a common modification does anyone have any information where these may be bought or what size they are thanks in advance for your help and happy Christmas voodoovendor

Hi guys hope you’re staying safe and well ! I’m in the process of swapping out the screws in my Melita bridge the profiles on the original ones are way too high and tend to dig in or scrape on the back of my hand I need some low profile ones like these ... I think it’s probably a common modification does anyone have any information where these may be bought or what size they are thanks in advance for your help and happy Christmas voodoovendor

– voodoovendor

Billy Zoom has what you need. They are an odd thread pitch.

I was about to say try your local hardware store, but if you're in the UK they indeed would be an odd size. Cheers.

Service Supply Co. and McMasters-Carr would be good choices---if you need a box of 100. Ace Hardware might have them. They're the only place I know where you can buy just one screw. BZ sounds like the best option,

Hi thanks for the link Billy unfortunately they’re out of stock going to have to keep searching many thanks v v

You can try here. https://embieconcepts.com/t...

– GreTschocaster

Only problem with that link is that if you order them, I don’t think they will ever arrive. As far as I know, Embie has maintained radio silence for over 2 years now... even though their website is still up.

Link

That is a shame if they are out of business, they made a quality product. The last time I spoke to them they were looking at making the base out of wood rather than plastic. Best to send them an email before ordering.

Tried the amazon place super cheap let’s see if they actually arrive thanks

So sad about Embie. I got the gold screws from them. Excellent !

Tried the amazon place super cheap let’s see if they actually arrive thanks

– voodoovendor

Let us know if they workout OK.

Register Sign in to join the conversation