Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Impending NGD: 64 Corvette with mystery case

Hi Everyone I just purchased my first vintage 63-64 Corvette last night and am looking forward to this new (to me) flavor of Gretschy goodness. The case the seller is including is interesting. It’s not the original case and he states that. It looks so pristine, I wonder if it’s one of the newer custom cases Gretsch sells. The size is also a bit of a puzzle. If any eagle eyed forum members have an idea, please let me know. Thanks!

That case is WAY too big for the corvette, but it looks like a new Gretsch case to me.

Gretsch did bring back the "silver thread" case a couple of years ago and this looks like one of them; vintage cases never had two neck rests.

Gretsch did bring back the "silver thread" case a couple of years ago and this looks like one of them; vintage cases never had two neck rests.

– lx

Cool. I didn't know they had replicated the "rich black, shot with silver thread" covering in recent years. They should make some amps with this covering while they're at it.

Sweet guitar. I have the same model but with the 2x4 tuner headstock. It stays is tune really well with the Burns. Mines a bit more worn out as well. Yours is so glossy it almost looks refinished.

Yeah, I forgot to add, sweet guitar. I've hunted for double Corvettes in the past, but the right guitar at the right price at the right time never happened.

She's a looker,case and all. Congrats!

She arrived! What a great playing guitar! And in amazing condition!

Sweet! Congrats!

Register Sign in to join the conversation