Vintage Gretsch Guitars

husk alert

I like the label on the headstock- "teacher of guitar"...

Haven't seen that on a label of business card in a very long time. The husk itself looks to be decent, if you have the parts, it might be a nice rewarding project. But if you have to buy the parts... it 's best to rebuild it out of love as a keeper, methinks.

I have purchased from this seller before. No issues.

'parts weasels were here..."

Hollowbody Vette

Looks ok @ first glance but experts here know what to look for. Decent case also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vi...

– DCBirdMan

Seems we have a parts weasel as a member. Glad nobody's bitten with even a comment on his parts post.

"Played well before being taken apart." Someone needs to copyright this sentence.

Seems we have a parts weasel as a member. Glad nobody's bitten with even a comment on his parts post.

– Windsordave

If you mean the guy selling the 60's parts I wouldn't be too quick to judge. He wants to let it all go at once, that's not the MO of a parts weasel.

Thanks for the perspective Deke. I appreciate you coming to my defense. I've been buying and selling Gretsch guitars and parts for over thirty years. I am proud to say that in that time, I have NEVER stripped a playable guitar to make a buck. I bought those parts from a guy who had an "unfortunate" run in with a bad luthier. I paid him fairly for them, and I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me ASKING more or less market value (based on sales history on both Reverb and eBay and current asking prices from Blackrider) for them. Full disclosure, I had reached out to Joe Desperado before listing them here, and he expressed interest in some but not all. As stated, I would prefer to sell them as a lot because it's more convenient for me. I have a Reverb store, but I thought it would be easier and faster to sell directly to someone here. That being said, If anyone sees anything there they'd like feel free to make an offer...

Register Sign in to join the conversation