Vintage Gretsch Guitars

hey Annie dudes

Well loved? By who, Hannibal Lecter?

I think I would have to get into that one for around $500 as late 60s Annies just don't fetch that great of money even in less "loved" condition (or would that be more loved?). Anyway, for a few hundred more, you can probably get a fully functional guitar.

Interestingly, the f-holes appear to be bound and had the points sharpened like a 6120.

Also, it’s a reissue tailpiece, and from a leftie by the looks.

Actually, Scratch that leftie comment - I can’t make that G look right whichever way I spin the picture.

So how come that’s ass-back’ards? Non-Gretsch knock-off...?

I love it. The bound f-holes alone make it worth something. That finish goes so well with the binding rot. The tailpiece might be a vintage "Monday morning" job: the G is bass-ackwards. I don't think something like that would pass modern Gretsch QC.

Actually, Scratch that leftie comment - I can’t make that G look right whichever way I spin the picture.

So how come that’s ass-back’ards? Non-Gretsch knock-off...?

Maybe the seller took the photo in a mirror for dramatic effect.

I don’t understand why people do that - to the guitar or the prospective buyer.

But, the dragon is cool.

I already thought of that, but if it were a mirror shot the whole guitar would look leftie.

It’s definitely not a vintage Gretsch tailpiece, the pattern is wrong.

WEll it's local if anyone wants -- I'm taking a pass tho.

That thing is beat. Sadly that's as respectful a sentiment as I could muster on this one.

gotta love the 6 inline tuners with 3 of them upside down. I can not figure out that tail piece either. Nor..am I sure the f holes are bound or just marked/painted.

For an September 68 Double Annie, wonder if it had a Woodstock experience. War torn. Like to hear the history if this Annie could talk. Asking price pretty close to the 69 purchase price. Edited year per KC Eddie.

You mean a Sept. of '68 Annie... right?

Register Sign in to join the conversation