Vintage Gretsch Guitars

HELP to find the exact model of this Gretsch guitar

Hi guys!

I bought this guitar completely acoustic and added all the gear on it. I was told it was a model 30 or 35. I would want to know the exact model is it... Serial number is 2464.

Thanks again!!

Frank.

more pics....

its one of these I believe Link

– tabletop

Yes but depending on differents things it could be a model 30 or 35. And dont know how to find exact year of production (if its possible)...

I think SN 2464 is '48/'49 according to Jay Scott's book and the Gretsch serial decoder site

all converted to electric .. kool.

Nope... it’s a model 35 and the serial number puts it in the 1935 model year.

Mr Ball knows the serial numbers

Nope... it’s a model 35 and the serial number puts it in the 1935 model year.

– kc_eddie_b

Thanks a lot. Can you tell me where i can get info for pre 1939 gretsch serial?

Thanks again, Frank.

Can you tell me where i can get info for pre 1939 gretsch serial?

I think you just did. As far as I know, ask Ed is pretty much how you get pre-WWII serial number info. I don't think it's published anywhere yet?

What Afire said about Ed and serial numbers. You may also want to check out the 1930's catalogs on the Gretschpages site.

Thanks a lot guys!

With adding two F'trons, I'm wondering why you didn't go all out with the normal array of controls - pup selector on the upper bout, and two volume/one tone control around the f-hole?

Can you tell me where i can get info for pre 1939 gretsch serial?

I think you just did. As far as I know, ask Ed is pretty much how you get pre-WWII serial number info. I don't think it's published anywhere yet?

– Afire

Thanks for the nod Afire! Nothing published (by me) on the pre-1947 period yet, but my database has 620 documented specimens from that timeframe which includes the "Gretsch-American", "American Orchestra", "Synchromatic" and war-time models. It's clearly the least documented of the vintage Gretsch era, and lots of questions remain... but I've got a pretty good handle on the model years (give-or-take).

Thanks for the nod Afire! Nothing published (by me) on the pre-1947 period yet, but my database has 620 documented specimens from that timeframe which includes the "Gretsch-American", "American Orchestra", "Synchromatic" and war-time models. It's clearly the least documented of the vintage Gretsch era, and lots of questions remain... but I've got a pretty good handle on the model years (give-or-take).

– kc_eddie_b

Thanks a lot for the info man!

Thanks a lot for the info man!

– cOse1

You bet! That's what we do here Brother!

Register Sign in to join the conversation