Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Help me ID this Gretsch please!

Hi Gretsch Gurus,

I received a beautiful and old Gretsch but I am not sure what model it is and from what year. I am confused about the converting the serial number to the vintage so am asking for your help. The guitar is a project guitar as the bridge and pickups are not original. The serial number is 78389 and is only located inside the F hole on the sticker; it is not stamped in the headstock. Any help bothers? Thx!

I think 78389 should be a '65. Maybe a 6117 Annie(?) Got photos of the front? Inside sticker?

Sorry everyone. I just added an image of the front of the gutter. Ideas on model and year. Serial 78389.

I think 78389 should be a '65. Maybe a 6117 Annie(?) Got photos of the front? Inside sticker?

– Charlie Vegas

Thanks Charlie. I just added a front photo.

– Charlie Vegas

Thanks Charlie. I just added a front photo.

The blue number showing the model # has faded as often happens. Pickups may not be original but they look right. It would have come originally with a Space Control bridge; those aren't to everyone's taste and results vary. Nice gift, especially if you have no binding rot!

Can anyone share a value for this piece? Assuming it is a 65 Country club but not all original. It has a very cool blonde tweed case with a Pete’s Guitars pin on it. Any ranges you can share? Thanks Brothers!

The blue number showing the model # has faded as often happens. Pickups may not be original but they look right. It would have come originally with a Space Control bridge; those aren't to everyone's taste and results vary. Nice gift, especially if you have no binding rot!

– lx

It is tough because all I see on the model number is 61__. There are a couple of binding rot areas but very very small.

Can anyone help me validate the serial number to the year? The serial is 78389. Thanks to all!

The head stock shape makes it a Country Club, not an Anniversary.

Beautiful guitar!

Lee

The head stock shape makes it a Country Club, not an Anniversary.

Beautiful guitar!

Lee

– Lee Erickson

Thanks Lee! Do you know what the model number was for the Country Club durin that era was? My sticker is very faded and only shows 61____. Thanks Lee!

Register Sign in to join the conversation