Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Hauser model 6001

I picked up a 1956 by serial # gretsch Hauser model 6001 classical acoustic guitar. It was in a used state and been played a lot, but all in all pretty sound. Looks like neck may have been reglued at some point and the bridge is starting to lift but sure it could be fixed. Been setting under a bed for years and I figured I should get it and clean her up. Getting close and about to string her up and see how it sounds. Top is cracked in 3 or 4 places and a good worn spot but gives it character and cracks can probably be at least glued. Probably going to sell or trade it off as I'm not much good at classical guitar or any guitar really. Don't see how to add pics....

Hauser's were introduced around '61 but there are some serial number inconsistencies in the mid '60's, so that may be what you're interpreting. See page 13 of the '61 catalog. Hauser's had a good reputation according to Gretsch's QC guy, Dan Duffy. He would use pieces of spruce to fill in any cracks. You can upload photos one at a time using the camera icon next to the smiley/emoticon button, just post the photo with some text.

Yeah I ordered the wrong strings with balls lol

If I'm reading the serial number right it says 18310 which makes it January of 1968, 310th guitar to be numbered.

If I'm reading the serial number right it says 18310 which makes it January of 1968, 310th guitar to be numbered.

– lx

No it's 19210 didn't know it can't be enlarged

No it's 19210 didn't know it can't be enlarged

– Lethemgo

Make that January of '69, 210th guitar numbered.

Register Sign in to join the conversation