Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch 6124

I was wandering if any of you connoisseurs know if this is all original. I've bought this beautiful 6124 but I only see pics of these types with one pickup. This one has 2 TVJones pickups and a bigsby. Maybe they also were produced with this set up? By the way, it sounds and plays great!!!

Not “all original” if it has TV Jones pickups. If it was a factory dual pickup example the model number would be 6117 (not 6124). The Anniversary was not offered with a Bigsby as a standard feature.

Has the tone/mud switch been converted to a pickup switch?

Not “all original” if it has TV Jones pickups. If it was a factory dual pickup example the model number would be 6117 (not 6124). The Anniversary was not offered with a Bigsby as a standard feature.

– kc_eddie_b

the 6124 came with one PAF FilterTron pickup in the neck position in 1958 & 1959. in 1960, they had HiloTron pickups. and as Ed says, " The Anniversary was not offered with a Bigsby as a standard feature."

I had 1959 #6124 like that but had a Gretsch Bigsby, factory harness(white wire) was told it had been to the factory in the Sixties and converted. Was like having a ‘59 6120! 40 years ago I had a 58 & 61 #6120’s!

Is the only knob the Master Volume? The tone switch has been converted to a pickup switch? The original Hot Rod.

That guitar looks great! Bet it sounds great too! Nothing wrong with those mods at all!

Has the tone/mud switch been converted to a pickup switch?

– Curt Wilson

Yes indeed

Is the only knob the Master Volume? The tone switch has been converted to a pickup switch? The original Hot Rod.

That guitar looks great! Bet it sounds great too! Nothing wrong with those mods at all!

– Don Birchett

Yes, it's like that. No nothing wrong with the mods I just was asking myself if everything was as the original 6124. Now I know it is not but I don't regret buying this beauty. It plays as butter and sounds great on my Matchless Chieftain.

Register Sign in to join the conversation