Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Gretsch 6022 Rancher

Here's some better pics of mine. The room was very dark last night.

That's pretty Andrew. One of these is on my list.

Yeah you can tell it's not an original guard...it should fit uniform around the sound hole.

This is what most original '50s Rancher pickguards look like now. This one is from my '56.

Here's the nitro-cellulose replacement I made from a tracing of the original (before it broke into bite-sized chunks).

Very nice. I'm going to get P to make me a tortoiseshell guard.

I found this close-up on my comp at work. Nitro-cellulose makes the best looking, most authentic pickguard. Paul S. can make you a nice one and I think he even does the steer-head logo for the '55 models. You might make a tracing of the top where the old guard was so as to get the proper contour of the soundhole and screw hole locations.

I found this close-up on my comp at work. Nitro-cellulose makes the best looking, most authentic pickguard. Paul S. can make you a nice one and I think he even does the steer-head logo for the '55 models. You might make a tracing of the top where the old guard was so as to get the proper contour of the soundhole and screw hole locations.

– duojet55

Thanks very much for this info. Very helpful. Cheers. Beautiful rancher by the way.

Thanks! I never get tired of showing it off. Ranchers are among the most beautiful Gretsches ever!

Thanks! I never get tired of showing it off. Ranchers are among the most beautiful Gretsches ever!

– duojet55

I totally agree. And I think they sound ok too. I know they are poorly regarded in terms of "weak tone" etc but I disagree and think there are probably good and bad ones.

Register Sign in to join the conversation