Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Gorgeous 1958 6120 at Guitarpoint

Wow! I love his playing too. I thought it was funny when he said that this guitar is in such great condition that if he bought the guitar new it would be in worse condition than this one is after a week.

Ignoring shipping and duties, etc, if it's dead original as advertised, $15K seems like a deal to me!

Not for my pocketbook and besides, I have my holy grails already.....and they didn't cost near this one's price tag.

They also have a lot of other Gretsches priced quite fair for a dealer who needs to keep his business going

That's a beauty, but I don't think I'd call $15,000 a deal by any stretch.

What I don't get is: How does a "near mint condition" and "outstanding clean" guitar lose almost all of its gold-plating on the hardware?

Sascha... You cant have everything. No binding rot and golden hardware

That's a beauty, but I don't think I'd call $15,000 a deal by any stretch.

– Afire

By 'deal', I was comparing it to the asking prices seen in the past few years for these guitars and some of those aren't in the nice condition of this one. 'Deal' is certainly a subjective term and I wouldn't be paying that sort of price for any guitar, lottery win or not!

By 'deal', I was comparing it to the asking prices seen in the past few years...

To be fair, asking prices are often (more often than not?) downright absurd. Nice '58 6120s have been changing for around $7,000-$9,000 for a lot of years as far as I can tell. That said, I am a firm believer that outstanding condition warrants an outstanding price. But $15,000...I don't think so.

Register Sign in to join the conversation