Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Good Lord… Six!

(disclaimer: not affiliated with any of the sellers... )

What is the likelihood of six 50's Gretsch Roundups all appearing for sale at once, on Reverb.com?

Man, some real classics here...

Link

Those are generally some fine looking guitars.

RR, I seem to remember yours is a pretty one. Play that thang!

And yes, that is a particularly nice set of Round Ups. I like the one with the Magnatone amp included.

What is the likelihood of six 50's Gretsch Roundups all appearing for sale at once, on Reverb.com?

Hard times?

With prices like these, you'd expect them to be flying off the shelves! I bought my '54 Roundup 12 years ago for $10,000 and sold it for $10,000 within about a year. And that was the peak of vintage guitar hysteria. Years have passed, but I don't buy that these (or most vintage guitars for that matter) have appreciated much, if at all, since the mid-2000s.

Gary's is the only one that looks kosher to me. The one with the amp seems pretty wonky, but at least the seller took the time to treat us like idiots with a BS story. Two of them are renecks. The one with no pickguard, replaced bridge and a knot in the middle actually looks pretty good too. Vintage gold Melitas turn up now and then, and in my book a new Setzer guard is as good as an original that's just waiting to disintegrate anyway.

Register Sign in to join the conversation