Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Ed Ball in Guitarist Magazine

“That Scruggs book is a must-have for anybody serious about banjo... And I'm not saying that as a "banjo joke."

I WAS hoping I could slip that in but apparently you caught it Great book btw

There are only 2 “Banjos” in this house And one is my Daughters dog

Our own Ed Ball aka KC Eddie is quoted extensively in a new article about 50s White Falcons. It's in the August issue of Guitarist magazine (UK)

Well done, Ed and Congrats. Your fame is world wide and well deserved.

There’s also an interview with Brian Setzer in the mag.

– drmilktruck

guess I need to find a store w magazines quick

guess I need to find a store w magazines quick

– TheNocturneBrain

I get a digital copy every month.

Brilliant Ed. I may be forced to buy a copy

That's Great! I haven't got my issue of guitarist yet.. I've subscribed to them for 30 years.. Probably the best Guitar mag around!

Got mine! Great article, but, fair warning, it will cause Falcon GAS. Nice work, Ed.

Just getting back to this thread now - not sure if I’ve ever seen “serious “ and “banjo” used in the same sentence.

Thanks for the shout-out Jim... there are some killer guitars in this article. The issues hasn't hit my local bookstore yet, but I guess it's out.

– kc_eddie_b

Beautiful grotesque weirdness those white falcons are!

If they made those things blue back then it would be like meh...

I sold my 2008 White Falcon LTV. It was nice but didn't sound as good or play as well as my 1962 Country Club(with Trestle Bracing..). Still, I love Falcons. I'd like to find a Stereo one like Neil's... That's the one for me..!

My 62 white falcon rocks but nothing like the 58 country club which is essentially a falcon.

My 62 white falcon rocks but nothing like the 58 country club which is essentially a falcon.

– Curt Wilson

I love that blonde one you have Curt!

I love that blonde one you have Curt!

– Don Butler aka: Toneman

The blonde one is a customers from Texas, the Cadillac Green unit is mine. Very subtle difference between the spruce and maple tops.

Anyone know how many blonde Clubs were made in `62? (Ed..)

– Don Butler aka: Toneman

A quick check of my records yield only one batch of Clubs in the 1962 model year (#470xx). So that's 100 units. No way to know what the break down is between sunburst, natural, and cadillac green. Educated guess might be 25-30 in the natural finish? I own one from this batch (caddy green)... and she's a fantastic player!

Register Sign in to join the conversation