Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Ed Ball in Guitarist Magazine

Our own Ed Ball aka KC Eddie is quoted extensively in a new article about 50s White Falcons. It's in the August issue of Guitarist magazine (UK)

Well done, Ed and Congrats. Your fame is world wide and well deserved.

There’s also an interview with Brian Setzer in the mag.

Truly, a Hallmark Moment!

I'm never surprised to hear Ed being quoted. Congrats once again!

Very cool ! Congrats, Ed !

Thanks for the shout-out Jim... there are some killer guitars in this article. The issues hasn't hit my local bookstore yet, but I guess it's out.

Congratulations, Ed!!! And thank you for all your hard work & research!
The recognition you have received over the years is more than deserved!!

when is the bigsby manual hitting the presses?

That’s great Ed!

Very nice! Congrats, Ed!

Congrats Ed. Thanks for keeping the fires burning for Falcons and 6120s.

If he had his way, though, I think he would possibly rather be in a craft brew or cycling magazine.

Congratulations, Ed. You da man.

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Congrats!

Thanks for the great response guys... but all I did was chat with a dude (the author) about some killer vintage Gretsch guitars. The same kind of thing I (we all) do here on the good 'ol GDP everyday. It's easy stuff when you have passion for it! Enjoy the article and pix!!

Congratulations! This is very cool. I read "Ball's Manual of Gretsch Guitars 1950s" often.

Ed holding court... As he's been known to do on rare occasion. This was from the opening of the Bachmann-Gretsch collection in Nashville a few years back.

Congratulations! This is very cool. I read "Ball's Manual of Gretsch Guitars 1950s" often.

– BuddyHollywood

Same here. This and the 6120 book are reference essentials.

Patiently waiting for the '60s era book... It's the inevitable progression.

I have small bookshelf that has my more “frequented” Guitar reference books on it. I can honestly say that in the past 4 or 5 years, I have used Ed’s 50’s Manual a lot more than any of the others, like by a mile. Thanks for everything you do Ed

Congrats Ed!

Cool issue this,those Falcons are gorgeous,and Brian's 56 Penguin ain't too bad either!

I have small bookshelf that has my more “frequented” Guitar reference books on it. I can honestly say that in the past 4 or 5 years, I have used Ed’s 50’s Manual a lot more than any of the others, like by a mile. Thanks for everything you do Ed

– 949Norm

That Scruggs book is a must-have for anybody serious about banjo... And I'm not saying that as a "banjo joke."

Register Sign in to join the conversation