Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Duke @ GC

That is in Plano, TX, just down the road. I may check it out, not to purchase, because I've never seen one live.

Deitzel who use to hang here had one that I got and clean.... took 6 months to get $1850 for it.

Deitzel who use to hang here had one that I got and clean.... took 6 months to get $1850 for it.

– DCBirdMan

Based on your experience, he's at least $1K high. It's not like this is a rare or highly sought after model to command that sort of price.

This is the 12th Silver Duke example I’ve documented. They were all done in a single batch it appears. Their serial numbers range from #86686 to 86726. So it seems plausible to speculate that 50-75 of these were produced.

The rarer Gold Duke didn't look at that different? Think I have seen pix of one.

The rarer Gold Duke didn't look at that different? Think I have seen pix of one.

– DCBirdMan

I think it's still up for debate as to the existence of the Gold Duke (versus just a yellowed Silver finish). To your point, this one looks pretty gold to me.

I’m still here. Just don’t post much. Still love the Silver Dukes. Don’t have any anymore but they sure are cool guitars. Just sold my last Corvette guitar, this Princess. Maybe one of you got it??

And I still have not seen a Gold Duke and I think they may just be yellowed finishes. But maybe not?? Would really like to see one with gold flakes or a true gold finish pop up someday.

I’m still here. Just don’t post much. Still love the Silver Dukes. Don’t have any anymore but they sure are cool guitars. Just sold my last Corvette guitar, this Princess. Maybe one of you got it??

– chris deitzel

Dang sorry I missed that Princess... nice one! Glad you are still on the scene round here.

Register Sign in to join the conversation