Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Down To Only Two Gretsches now..

I sold my 2008 6136T-LTV last night. I'm down to my two Country Club's; a 1962 & a 1964. I had planned on selling one of the three because I need to pay off some stuff. I sat down with the three and was intent on selling my `62. But after playing all three, the least playable and not as good sounding was the White Falcon. I've been using it for months along with my Historic Les Paul and my Travis Bean for gigs every week. so I was plenty surprized that thew WF wasn't as good as the two old ones.. But, I'm guessing you guys knew this already...But I got about the same for the Falcon as I would have for either Club!

Interesting that you realized your regular gigging guitar wasn't as good sounding or playing as your non-gigging guitars. I'm also at 2 Gretsch guitars right now, a 1968 Corvette and a 2011 DSV Duo Jet. I'm in the middle of recording and out of the 4 guitars I used in the studio the Duo Jet was the only one that is on all 17 tracks. Yeah Gretsch Guitars!

17 tracks, BuddyHollywood? That's stalwart.

I know! I didn't plan to do that but once I started I kept going. Now that they are in process I want to finish them all. I blazed through the rhythm tracks but I'm taking my time on the vocals and solos. I'm excited to share them here once they're done.

I'm with Sasha. Please do share your recordings.

I know! I didn't plan to do that but once I started I kept going. Now that they are in process I want to finish them all. I blazed through the rhythm tracks but I'm taking my time on the vocals and solos. I'm excited to share them here once they're done.

– BuddyHollywood

Sounds like a double LP to me!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation