Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Do I need this, or do I just have Gretsch fever?

Poor thing, raise it from the dead!

I’d get it but I’m a nut for lost puppies. You could make that better than new with some minor upgrades. Get it!!! If I lived in the area I would!!!!

The $200 should be for someone to take it away!

Depends on how big your parts drawer is. I did this once with a '57 Rambler husk. If you can get it running for under $200 additional, you should be able to get your money back if you don't like it.

"Reason not the need." -Shakespeare

Here's a mathematical proof to your query:

Needing this = having Gretsch fever

I got all kinds of ideas for it, but at least the TK 300s guitars I had did not have adustable truss rod, whcih is a deal killer. The basses do have them.

It's a $125 item tho

Plus 1 for lx and DC Birdman. Okay if you have the parts and can get it for less. The lack of truss rod would concern me.

Now, if you just wanted it for wall art, have at it. I’m not familiar with your talents. My first thought was that Rattlecat would do wonders with it. You may be just as good.

Ya know, these don’t look so utterly heinous without the horrible, ridiculous pickguard. Now, what can be done with that hockey stick.

Thanks for posting; now I can't get the dang thing out of my head. I remember East Bay Ray of the Dead Kennedys blasting away on one of these in '85. I've got a vintage DeArmond 2000 just sitting in the drawer...

It's got a truss rod

But not an adjustable one, correct? Yes it does have a steel rod in it tho.

Seltzer has the patern for the pickgaurd. I traced mine for him a few years ago

Ok. Enough of this thread! Hilosean, PM me. If you don’t want it I will take it if you are willing to send it to WA. I need it like a hole in the head but unlike most here I think they are beautiful.

I dig em' but beautiful is a stretch, Paul. (wink)

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I see them as a great unique part of Gretsch history, though.

Ok. Enough of this thread! Hilosean, PM me. If you don’t want it I will take it if you are willing to send it to WA. I need it like a hole in the head but unlike most here I think they are beautiful.

– paul pigat

Gretsch TK --> hockey stick --> Canada --> Paul. Makes sense to me. ;)

Need?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Need?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

– wabash slim

In the Gretsch world, 'need' should be defined as to acquiring parts, not acquiring another Gretsch!

If the "neck" doesn't have an adjustable truss rod (the catalog pics make it look like a bolt-on) , then it really is a hockey stick.

Register Sign in to join the conversation