Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Didn’t know they played a Gretsch…

Reckon the pose and fur trimmed jacket is just a coincidence?

– spike

Nice catch! Maybe not a coincidence.

Borrowed this from a FB post... Nick Lowe!

– kc_eddie_b

I used to have a sunburst one of those...loved it. Seriously chunky neck.

I'd like to think Hans Zimmer plays that 6119 but it might just be there to look cool

Lonnie Donnegan

– gretschcrush

Oh Man! Dig that '59/60 Chet Jet (6121)!!!

Soupy sales son

– Gasmoney

The Sales boys, Tony and Hunt were members of David Bowie’s band the Tin Machine. Hunt also played the drums on Iggy Pop’s Lust for Life.

The Sales boys, Tony and Hunt were members of David Bowie’s band the Tin Machine. Hunt also played the drums on Iggy Pop’s Lust for Life.

– Bob Howard

They also played with Todd Rundgren on his "Runt" album.

Nice find and history guys! Nice to see a Rambler at work. Ben Vaughn needs one of those....

His name has come up a few times around here, but worthy of inclusion in this thread just foe the pic alone.

Johnny Fortune

The guy Jimmy played with in a band with has a Gretsch, who knew?

Have we done Bucky yet in this thread?

Here is Jeffrey Kunde from Jesus Culture playing a '53 VS Dynasonic Duo Jet.

Can't remember we have seen this already. The great Mark Hollis (R.I.P.) from Talk Talk:

Andy Griffith?

Holding Hank Garlands Gretsch.

Excello recording artist (and Clifron Chenier guitarist) Lonesome Sundown, aka Cornelius Green)

Excello recording artist (and Clifron Chenier guitarist) Lonesome Sundown, aka Cornelius Green)

– spike

What do we think he's playing... '57/58 Jet Firebird (silver guard), or maybe even a cadillac green Duo Jet?!

– spike

I vote Jet Firebird: the contrasting sides are too dark for a continuation of Caddy Green from the front.

On another note: Spike, where/how do you keep finding this stuff? I'll have to check out some of this guy's music.

I subscribe to a lot of oddball guitar and music groups on FB and they just pop up. Like that Sal Salvador pic the other day, some of the other folks here must too, lol.

Register Sign in to join the conversation