Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Didn’t know they played a Gretsch…

Jimmy Capps. See page 15 for a still.

Is that a Bigsby pickup in the neck position of that single cutaway Gent?! Awesome!

– kc_eddie_b

Sure looks that way. And is that a Synchromatic ukulele?

You mean Ira's Framus 6/47G Graciella mandolin?

And according to the Malpass Brothers (who are damn good),_it's a '59 with a bigsby pu - Link

Bonus Vox teardrop. New York Dolls.

I'm getting worried at this point that I may be reposting things from years ago. There was also a pic I saw of one of the replacement guitarists in Chicago with a White Falcon but then I couldn't find it when I actively looked for it.

Nice! I spotted that guitar the other night on the PBS Country Music documentary. It’s a cream finished pre-war Synchro, but I’m not sure of the model. Is it big enough to be a 400??

– kc_eddie_b

Every bit , I think. Probably an 18" bout.

In a previous post I identified it with Maybelle Carter. Should be Helen Carter.

Lee

– Kap'n

That was a truly sweet video of the Louvin Bros. Is that Paul Yandell on the electric guitar?

Lee

It's Jimmy Capps. He has a great bio out called "The Man In Back" about his career as a sideman.

It's Jimmy Capps. He has a great bio out called "The Man In Back" about his career as a sideman.

– spike

Thanks Spike.

Lee

And is that a Synchromatic ukulele? - Me

You mean Ira's Framus 6/47G Graciella mandolin? - Spike

Anyone remember the original Lost in Space? Here is Bill Mumy (on the left) with his Duo Jet. He actually has a number of Gretsch guitars.

Carrie Underwood's guitarist in this video...

Robert Jr Lockwood

The character Pam Poovey from the cartoon series "Archer".

And Kenny Loggins making a guest appearance in an Archer episode playing the same guitar.

Many questions are striking on your mind regarding why it is good to hire a digital marketing company in Delhi? Not to worry! if you wish to achieve brand recognition and the top position in search engines avail WonderMouse Technologies SEO services India help and ensure a top spot every time! We provide the most pocket-friendly and result oriented SEO COMPANY DELHI . So don’t wait anymore, take your business to unimaginable heights with our help!

Noel just bought a 63 6120!

Reckon the pose and fur trimmed jacket is just a coincidence?

– JCHiggy

Finally! Ha!

– JCHiggy

Some really nice pics here

Borrowed this from a FB post... Nick Lowe!

Register Sign in to join the conversation