Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Didn’t know they played a Gretsch…

IIRC Jane was complaining to Billy Zoom that she wanted more of his sound than what her silver Jet was delivering. Sounds great to me if that was what's on the recording.

Rick Nielsen has played just about every kind of guitar over the decades. He's had deals with Hamer, and wields a handful of crazy customs on stage. But he's always been an avid collector as well, and he'll play a wide range of guitars, not all for show.

Here's Rick rocking his Gretsch Billy Bo Jupiter;

IIRC Jane was complaining to Billy Zoom that she wanted more of his sound than what her silver Jet was delivering. Sounds great to me if that was what's on the recording.

– lx

I suppose he might have replied that the sonic difference between deArmond and Filtertron pick ups could be a place to start. I will say that the sparkle on her jet really looked good in that video.

A cool Carter pic. Wildwood flower no doubt.

A cool Carter pic. Wildwood flower no doubt.

– Gasmoney

I think that's Maybelle Carter, known for an innovative playing technique. Known for playing Gibson L5's, I'm not surprised that someone dropped a G400 on her lap.

Incidentally, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Ken Burns documentary on PBS. Among other things, the Carter family will be sustained in they're rightful place in country music.

Lee

Yes that’s mother Maybelle playing what looks to be a 400.

I’m a die hard Carter family fan. I’ve never seen this picture.

here's Andy Bell (left) and Mark Gardener (right) of Ride, with Mark wielding an early/mid-60s doublecut 6120. these seem somewhat popular with British musicians these days, cf. the photo i posted a little while back of James Dean Bradfield of Manic Street Preachers.

Register Sign in to join the conversation