Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Didn’t know they played a Gretsch…

Jesse Dupree / Jackyl wielding a Gretsch electromatic tonight in Charlotte NC!

(Sorry for the crappy iPhone snap Jesse!)

Hopefully this is not been posted yet – Don Rich.

Very cool...and new. I'm not sure if I see a zero fret, but I do see a 5-piece neck; probably a '59.

Sal Salvador Quintet Blue Note 5035 10" LP 1954

– spike

Very cool but that big belt buckle makes me nervous.

I stole this from another recent post... but it NEEDS to be on this list! Who knew Ms. Gaga rocked a Falcon?!

Audioslave, with Chris Cornell playing a Gretsch Acoustic

Dave Grohl!

– Suprdave

As mentioned on post #21! (just teasing Superdave... this has turned into an epic thread. Hard not to duplicate!)

Sal Salvador Quintet Blue Note 5035 10" LP 1954

– Hepkat67

Primus slinging a 7 string Van Eps!

What? No picture of George Harrison????????????

What? No picture of George Harrison????????????

– ewkewk

But this thread is "didn't know they played a Gretsch", and I'm pretty sure most people do.

Primus slinging a 7 string Van Eps!

– Setzer

My favorite video. I tried to get my last band to dress like this, but the other guys were too serious about their honky-tonkness to consider it. They didn't share my motto. 'If it's not silly, you're not trying hard enough."

Charline Arthur in the 60's

Wow... she must be a petit woman. Look how big that 6120 looks!

– kidgretsch

These guys are really good.

Denmark? Somewhere else?

Lee

They are Swedish, according to google and wikipedia

Lowell Fulson - didn't expect that.

This is Hal Lindes when he played with Dire Straits. He's from this part of Maryland. I played a few gigs with him in the early 70s. He usually played a Les Paul and Strats. Never saw him with a Gretsch until now.

Ok, i know The Searchers never played Gretsches ,afaik,but thought this was an interesting pic ,probably someone else's guitar grabbed for the shot.

Brian Hyland lipsynching to "Sealed with a Kiss" in 1962 with a double cut 6120 with a black headstock - no badge, no horseshoe. Guess he didn't want to cowboy up. Groovy dancers.

Ok, i know The Searchers never played Gretsches ,afaik,but thought this was an interesting pic ,probably someone else's guitar grabbed for the shot.

– JCHiggy

Early '60's Chet Jet, probably '62 before the Burns. Maybe Steve Marriot's before the white laquer?

Early '60's Chet Jet, probably '62 before the Burns. Maybe Steve Marriot's before the white laquer?

– lx

Super rare guitar there! Only one group of '62 (double-cutaway) 6121 guitars produced.

Register Sign in to join the conversation