Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Crazy cat lady of 6120s. NGD 57’ 6120

Could you please post more pics when you get a chance? Headstock, sides, pickguard, Bigsby, bridge,...you know...everything...thanx.

– lx

Sure later today

Congrats Fred,pretty cool aul geet that sir!

I love the look of that guitar, just the right amount of aging. You know, well played, well taken care of! Congrats on a fantastic new addition! How is the output on those pickups????

I love the look of that guitar, just the right amount of aging. You know, well played, well taken care of! Congrats on a fantastic new addition! How is the output on those pickups????

– Daniel Weldon

Part of hat I really loved was the aging of this one. Its perfect. A genuine "relic"

The pickups are strong!!!

Heres my attempt at Pic Stich #1

Thanks Fred for posting the pics. I hadn't seen this finish before getting Ed's book and I just can't get enough of it. Is this from the #232xx batch? The only 6120s that would be a greater dream machine for me would be ones next to Duane's.

It’s from the 23 batch yes. I’ve only seen this color from 57’ 6120s.

Appears to be the exact same color as my '57 Roundup. Which makes sense since it's just about 200 #s later than this 6120. Same batch of dye applied in the exact same way by possibly the same guy. Beautiful guitar, Fred, play her in good health!

If you're gonna be a crazy cat-lady, Fred, this is best crazy cat-lady to be! Nice score!

That's gorgeous! Congrats!

In order to truly qualify as a "crazy cat lady of 6120's," you'd need to meet all of the following criteria:

• A minimum of 8 or 10 6120's all over your house, and you're not sure where they all are at any given time
  • Your whole house reeks of nitrocellulose lacquer
  • You talk to them extensively, in lieu of contact with other humans
  • At least 2 or 3 of them are in or on your bed every night
  • You sometimes go without nutritious food yourself in order to afford to buy good strings for the guitars
  • Every piece of furniture has guitars, cases, straps or other paraphernalia on it, preventing it from being used as intended
  • Your neighbors have summoned Guitar Control to your house at least twice in the past year

Yes I definitely had done almost all of these things at one point in my life.

I do find the odor when opening a vintage case quite intoxicating. Really I do.

It’s ok. Everyone needs a hobby.

covered in glory... what a great pic.

Very nice! Congratulations, Fred!

One of the greatest Gretsch pics ever!! I really like the look of that ruddy red one.

Any idea what my friend's guitar would be worth? It's a 6120 serial number 31628

Any idea what my friend's guitar would be worth? It's a 6120 serial number 31628

– Joninfect

Not without a little more info... like, is that a refinish? How's the neck-set and binding? Tuners have been changed, any other mods?

Register Sign in to join the conversation