Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Crazy cat lady of 6120s. NGD 57’ 6120

I think I fall into the “crazy cat lady” category for old 6120s. I’ll take in most anything. This Ruddy red 57’ 6120 came calling. I made an offer. It fell through. Then the seller came back and accepted. His better offer fell through.

It was about what I paid for one in 93’.

It’s the best 57’ I’ve ever had. Every one I bought I sold within months as i found they were too quirky. This one is a home run. It must be an early 57’. Tight neck and body. Strong pickups and nice break angle. It twangs. Like Duane’s. I love the ruddy red finish. It looks a lot like Duane’s. The smile is extra large today.

The nice flame on the neck

Way to go, Fred! Congrats!

Sweet one, Fred.

Pretty cool. Unique look! Glad you got a good one.

You are the Pied Piper for cool vintage 6120's Fred! You go out for a bike ride and come back to find yet another on your doorstep!

Stunning. So elegant.

Wow, congratulations Fred! That looks exactly like my friend's '57 6120 that is in Ed's book! A great guitar too!

Nice score, Fred !

Cool Fred - it definitely looks nice.

Looks amazing. Look forward to the video ;)

If I ever get a 6120 again it would have to be the twin to this '57. I love dark orange and can tell that the neck would be perfect. Looking forward to the video too.

Edit: dayum that's gorgeous!

Nice! That color is amazing! Enjoy it brother!

Wow. That’s a stunner! Congratulations.

Wow! Crazy nice score!! Looks like a true winner!

Could you please post more pics when you get a chance? Headstock, sides, pickguard, Bigsby, bridge,...you know...everything...thanx.

Register Sign in to join the conversation