Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Check this wild Falcon

well, there's something i've never seen before.

I hadn’t seen that before. If he hadn’t come up with it Gretsch would have had to do it themselves.

Spent a few minutes listening to his music on YouTube there... that’s a few minutes I’ll never get back. He’s got a nice single note style, but his music borders on novelty.

I like it better than a straight up White Falcon.

the pickguard is extremely odd. it's like a precursor to the Gibson Firebird.

I hadn’t seen that before. If he hadn’t come up with it Gretsch would have had to do it themselves.

i've wondered why Gretsch didn't do a 3-pickup model(s) given Gibson and Guild's iterations.

You've gotta wonder where that guitar ended up?

We have discussed that picture before. I am not sure how to search for the post, but I recognized the pickguard oddity and the signature on the face of the guitar.

I wonder if it still exists?

As far as the where are they now question, often it's not a happy ending. A Gibson belonging to jazz great Wes Montgomery was found rotting in a basement in a dicey part of Detroit - -this was years ago, of course.

he had more than one crazy modified Falcon amazingly

I played a custom shop 3 pick up Falcon a few years ago (Filtertrons & Dyna). Best guitar that I have ever played. It was at my local GC, pre-owned, but I couldn't afford it. I wish there had been a way, but, the mortgage, car payment, food, etc all came first.

the pickguard is extremely odd. it's like a precursor to the Gibson Firebird.

– macphisto

It looks like the pickguard is flipped over 180°.

Register Sign in to join the conversation