Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Bezels

Are the vintage Bezels the same spec as the modern ones?

Looking for a gold set, would prefer vintage, but all depends on cost. Was checking with Black Rider, but their new website doesn't let you look up 1/2 of what you used to.

Thanks Joe

Betcha he means Filtertron bezels!

Joe, they are pretty close.

call parts are parts , lots of new filtertron , gold .silver , about 8 bucks for a pair , got some last year from them , great gretsch parts dealer !

Betcha he means Filtertron bezels!

– seadevil

BINGO!!!!

Yep, and actually Hi-LoTron bezels as well. I'm planning on switching out the NOS Baldwin knobs I bought from Duke Kramer 28 years ago, with vintage gold ones from Black Rider. BUT, also am hoping the vintage gold Bezels for Filters will fit around the Hi-Los.

Thinking they probably should, since Baldwin was going cheap, and using Hi-LoTron covers (gold as well), for what's now known as the "black top" Filters.

Today took the gold pickguard from the "new" 1967 Annie, and put it on my 1st original 1967 Annie, but the silver Bezels stick out like a sore thumb. So that leave the "new" one w/out a pickguard, which really shows off that nice sunburst lacquer finish.

It'll be getting the Hot Rod Filters for now, but may save up for a Supertron neck. So, would new Bezels be needed for these, or can I still use the ones that came with the Hi-LoTrons?

Thanks everybody!

call parts are parts , lots of new filtertron , gold .silver , about 8 bucks for a pair , got some last year from them , great gretsch parts dealer !

– REJEAN HENRY

– REJEAN HENRY

Thanks for the tip, I'll look 'em up now!

Register Sign in to join the conversation