Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Better than A GRETSCH Neon sign

But no one has spotted it when they come in.

LOL

Is that a '64 6120 hanging in front of it?

You are surely going to hell for that.

I'm buyin.

If that’s all it takes I punched that card a long time ago.

I was talking about the 6120, I think it might be a 67.

We’re too busy checking the goodies on the floor.

.....and the uninsulated attic space. Do you have a hard time controlling temp and humidity? Just curious from a guitar standpoint. I had a solid mahogany acoustic crack right down the middle of the top. Was told that I didn’t control the temp and humidity correctly.

Fact or hogwash?

There’s 3” of foam and 2” Douglas Fir planking. It’s heated and air conditioned with geothermal along with a system humidifier so it keeps everything between 45 and 50%.

A lot of factors factor into cracks. I was given a Gibson B25 that was in a local attic for over 40 years and there’s nothing wrong with it. I think because the humidity changes were slow and steady. It’s good to keep acoustic guitars between 45 and 55%. If you have wood floors they’ll tell the story.

Should have known. I envy your shop space.

Ha, thanks.

A customer was being snarky about the shop, he was telling me that he was happy a local shop opened but thought it was overkill.

You don't need customers like that. I can't believe a guitar customer said "overkill" with a straight face.

What he meant was that he's glad you're local, but he wished you charged local, and his hopes plummeted when he saw how serious the place is.

"Overkill" was code.

You don't need customers like that. I can't believe a guitar customer said "overkill" with a straight face.

What he meant was that he's glad you're local, but he wished you charged local, and his hopes plummeted when he saw how serious the place is.

"Overkill" was code.

– Proteus

Well thanks for that, I laughed at him and figured it was bad karma on him.

There’s other weird stuff that’s happed like the physics professor calling me an ass for not hiring him but that’s about all the negative vibes, everything else has been just crazy positive energy.

Well, why didn't you hire him? Everything is physics, doncha know.

Of course, professing it and applying it are two different things.

A very wise man - now-deceased GDP member Ray Beals - had a sign on the wall in his office:

There's no difference between theory and practice, in theory.
However, there is in practice.

That’s perfect.

He said I should be ashamed of myself for not sharing information. I told him I’m not that smart and I figured it out on my own. Then told him that my website is intuitive, almost paint by number. Then I told him it’s time to use the door and asked if he needed help with that.

That’s perfect.

He said I should be ashamed of myself for not sharing information. I told him I’m not that smart and I figured it out on my own. Then told him that my website is intuitive, almost paint by number. Then I told him it’s time to use the door and asked if he needed help with that.

– Curt Wilson

Awesome.

Wow. Just recently I was wondering what became of that guitar. It sure has a long history of just hanging around.

I’m making time this summer to get that guitar playing again.

An older English Gentleman/Boss/Mentor (now deceased) I had once told me in Marketing and Life that "Everything Matters", no matter how small the detail. For me, its been the some of the best advice I ever received. As a result I look for small, thoughtful details in people, places and situations. IMO , this is a great example of that in real time. Sometimes the smallest detail sets the tone.

Should have known. I envy your shop space.

– Powdog

There's this, not sure if I've posted the history page here or not, if so sorry for the redundancy. At the end there's a uTube showing the work.

https://www.oldschoolguitar...

Register Sign in to join the conversation