Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Belated NGD #1: 1958 Gretsch Country Club

The '58 model year claims precious few Clubs! The blond finish is a real bonus! Sweet ride!

Congrats on both guitars.

I've got the sister to this one, another blonde '58. I bet they're made in the same series -- i'll grab the serial number.

So yeah, mine is almost identical, with the spruce top and black pickguard. Serial is 27407 -- is that very close to yours? Ed, any comments on the sequencing?

These 1958 Clubs are totally unique in the whole world of guitars, with the heavy trestle while the body is still full depth (they get thinner in each coming year).

Mine is from the next batch of CCs. Serial # 285xx.

Congrats, it's beautiful! My recently acquired blonde CC is also 274xx with pre-PAF filters.

I love the blonds, and that stinger is divine.

Sharpe eye, Roman. Hope all is well in the West.

The CC is quite big and I'm fairly small. For that reason it doesn't get played much and that's a shame. It's a very lovely guitar that some of you European fellows might have seen in person.

I know the asking price is quite high but the market is very limited. I hope the GDP doesn't compare to U.S. prices and keeps the storm low. If anyone is interested, let's talk.

It was just a small picture in the „Other recommendation“ section but this lovely specimen on the grey couch rang a bell.

And regarding the price, I think Guitar point would have a higher price tag on it.

All the best!

And regarding the price, I think Guitar point would have a higher price tag on it.

I think any European dealer would. Thanks!

Sharpe eye, Roman. Hope all is well in the West.

The CC is quite big and I'm fairly small. For that reason it doesn't get played much and that's a shame. It's a very lovely guitar that some of you European fellows might have seen in person.

I know the asking price is quite high but the market is very limited. I hope the GDP doesn't compare to U.S. prices and keeps the storm low. If anyone is interested, let's talk.

– sascha

Sasha, I get what you mean about size. I wanted badly to love my 400JV but the size and long scale didn’t work out.

Best year for Gretsch in my narrow opinion and even better year for the Country Club.

28558 and 28559.

Very sorry you are letting it go Sascha but yes, they are big...
And to anyone interested in it: I have seen and played it and it's a good one! Plays and sounds great!

It was just a small picture in the „Other recommendation“ section but this lovely specimen on the grey couch rang a bell.

All the best!

– blueflame

Ha ha yes, prices at Guitar point will be higher. But another difference is that Sascha will describe the guitar correctly... Guitarpoint often just makes things up. They too often have no clue..

Wow, it's up for sale? Such a cool guitar in very good condition! I remember it feeling like a whole lot of guitar! Good luck with the sale and hopefully you'll be able to replace it with something equally as cool as this one!

So yeah, mine is almost identical, with the spruce top and black pickguard. Serial is 27407 -- is that very close to yours? Ed, any comments on the sequencing?

These 1958 Clubs are totally unique in the whole world of guitars, with the heavy trestle while the body is still full depth (they get thinner in each coming year).

– apossibleworld

when you say full depth are we talking 2.75 or 3.5 inches?

• just realised this thread is 2 years old...still if anyone knows

Thanks for the support, everybody! It's really appreciated. It's a good one, indeed. Very versatile. I'm in no desperate hurry. If anyone is interested just get in touch with me.

We are talking this:

That's a lovely blonde club. Good luck with your sale. Malcolm Young who is not very big, played a White Falcon sometimes!

Register Sign in to join the conversation