Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Beautiful Pickguard by Andreas!

Pickguard by Andreas! Really finishes the look!

That looks great! What's the pickup? Did you have the original pickguard to outline?

That's nice work, I remember the thread where Andreas made one for his Syncromatic.

That looks great! What's the pickup? Did you have the original pickguard to outline?

– hilosean

The pickup is a vintage Dearmond monkey on a stick pickup. I didn’t make the pick guard...you can contact Andreas ... maybe he can make one for you too. I know it’s not his regular thing but you can check.

Brad, thanks for your kind words! Your guitar looks great with the new pickguard on. It was a fun challange to make your pickguard and I am glad it survived the trip

– hilosean

Hilosean, I did not have an original pickguard (wish I had ) My method was to enlarge an image of an original Synchromatic with pickguard on my 28-inch computer screen. I expanded the picture until it perfectly fit to my own Synchromatic that I held against the screen. Then I made a drawing of the pickguard on the screen. It might not be an exact copy of the original, but I think I came pretty close.

Here is the original Synchromatic which I used as an example, together with Brads.

Register Sign in to join the conversation