Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Are They Just Unbelievably Bonkers?

I'm not surprised in the slightest Don, look who the seller is.

I have a fixed arm B3 that I got with my 55 Duo jet. Someone sold a similar model a while back for over 2 grand!!!! It boggles the mind that these parts can fetch such crazy prices. I could conceivably trade this one bit for a whole guitar of excellent quality...

Betty's Records/Bevete is well known here---and bonkers.

Could easily be a politician.

What's the problem - he's throwing in a $75 spring and three $25 screws for free?

Now if the price would include free shipping...

If you really want to see ridiculous prices....check out the art world.

Paintings by people you never heard of that you could buy many 59 Les Pauls for.

"Are They Just Unbelievably Bonkers?"

Yes.

I thought Ed's phrase was at once tactful, incisive and (slightly) derisive: Serial Delusionist.

One of the funniest parts to the listing is this:

"Fits many of the worlds rarest and HIGHEST END vintage Gretsch guitars valued from 9k to 50k.
"

Errr..if I'm spending $9000 - $50,000 on a vintage Gretsch guitar, do you think it would come WITHOUT a Bigsby if the model originally had one??? Or maybe he thinks I'm going to spend $1640 for cruddy, worn-out Bigsby for a project guitar???

Hi guys! I'm really not familiar with Betty's Rip-off shop.. I wish I could get here every day but I've just been so hammered lately with gigs and fixing amps & guitars in my shop.. so please pardon my ignorance. I've bought a couple of early Sixties Bigsby's in the last 5-6 years and the most I paid was $200. I still have a couple of headstock overlays that I bought from Duke ages ago, but I bet he'd turnover in his grave if he saw one for $600. That's just robbery plain and simple.. Maybe I should sell one to Betty for $350. lol!

One of the funniest parts to the listing is this:

"Fits many of the worlds rarest and HIGHEST END vintage Gretsch guitars valued from 9k to 50k.
"

Errr..if I'm spending $9000 - $50,000 on a vintage Gretsch guitar, do you think it would come WITHOUT a Bigsby if the model originally had one??? Or maybe he thinks I'm going to spend $1640 for cruddy, worn-out Bigsby for a project guitar???

– Frank_NH

Yeah, that's a scream! I nearly fell on the floor what I saw that..

S/he/it (say it fast...) has an "ok" tag for a 6186 Clipper for double the price of a vintage Clipper....

I bet it would be interesting to have a beer with Bevete and shoot the shit.

You know I have a Randy Bachman Xmas/Gretschmas card like theirs from 1992, also a spare O.K. Card..I also have two of Robin Trower's old pickguard assemblies for his Strats that were used in touring/recording guitars.. I wonder what she'd offer for this stuff.. only problem is, I ain't selling my stuff.. LOL! Her prices are absolutely insane.

"I bet it would be interesting to have a beer with Bevete and shoot the shit."

I know he can be infuriating, but must we really resort to name-calling and threats of violence?

"I bet it would be interesting to have a beer with Bevete and shoot the shit."

I know he can be infuriating, but must we really resort to name-calling and threats of violence?

– Proteus

Took me a while to get that one!

Parts weasels!

Those screws aren't rusty---that's verdigris---brass turns green when it rots. Nasty!

Register Sign in to join the conversation