Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Anyone here buy this?

Thought about it, looked like a pretty straight forward repair.

Not me. But is there a link?

thanks for not sharing this earlier

i probably wouldn't have been able to help myself...

What did it sell for?

Yeah, I saw that. And was a bit p.o.'d about it too.

The neck had a split off heel -- exactly like the one Curt fixed for Richard Fortus. Absolutely no need to part it out whatsoever. Seller should have sold it as it was, but instead went to all the trouble to take it apart and make stupid multiple listings -- really dumb move for a '59 6120 in otherwise good shape with nice wood figuring.

Actually a 60' that is 2.5" deep

It will turn up again in this forum in a year or two--if not sooner

$3550 US for a ply body guitar body with no hardware and the neck off and damaged?? That's &^%&^% crazy!

Yeah, I saw that. And was a bit p.o.'d about it too.

The neck had a split off heel -- exactly like the one Curt fixed for Richard Fortus. Absolutely no need to part it out whatsoever. Seller should have sold it as it was, but instead went to all the trouble to take it apart and make stupid multiple listings -- really dumb move for a '59 6120 in otherwise good shape with nice wood figuring.

– lx

After repair, going by this picture, I bet that break will be barely visible. Looks very clean:

Parts went for about $1600. Figure in maybe another $500 for the repair. Would an otherwise clean '60 6120 with a well repaired heel break bring more than $5600? I would think so. I don't think the seller probably gained much parting it out, and may have been better just to have a good luthier do the work and then sell it.

Hopefully the buyer of the body managed to win all the parts auctions, or at least the important ones.

Is it just me, or does that body look deeper than 2.5”?

haha

I think it's 2.5".

I saw it and thought all of us were silent to bid like mad :))))) I respected the silence :P

I also think it looks like it can be fixed amazingly good and hide the crack.

I have parts to restore 2 guitars like this one, so I bided like crazy and put 3053$. Thinking it would sell for less...

Alas, it wasn't me!!!

I'm interested in learning what the writing/stamped info is inside that pocket!

Actually a 60' that is 2.5" deep

It will turn up again in this forum in a year or two--if not sooner

– Gasmoney

a 2.5 60 you say?...hmmm I know someone that really likes those. hint: it's me.

you bought it mate?

or just enjoying the idea?? :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation