Vintage Gretsch Guitars

Aftermarket case for a Roc Jet?

Hi all. New forum member and new Gretsch owner following a rush of blood to the head and the acquisition of a 1973 (I think) Roc Jet.

Does anyone know if there are any hard cases that would be a good fit for one of these? It's a good 2 or 3 inches longer than a Les Paul unfortunately but was hoping someone may have solved this same problem successfully before.

Once I have a moment I'll pop the neck pickup up and get a serial number and some nice photos for the register too. It's a bit of an oddball - no access cavities on the back, straight-across G-cutout tailpiece (as opposed to the slanted design) and someone has (very nicely) screwed the floating bridge in place. Plays great and sounds great and I like oddball stuff so it's perfect for me.

Hope someone can help...

Some of the Coffin case models fit a Roc Jet, but possibly may not accommodate a Bigsby tailpiece. Another option for non-trem Roc Jets (and I probably read this on the Gretschpages originally) is the case for an Ibanez Iceman. I used to have an Iceman case and it was strangely enough a nearly perfect fit (again with a non-trem Roc).

Some of the Coffin case models fit a Roc Jet, but possibly may not accommodate a Bigsby tailpiece. Another option for non-trem Roc Jets (and I probably read this on the Gretschpages originally) is the case for an Ibanez Iceman. I used to have an Iceman case and it was strangely enough a nearly perfect fit (again with a non-trem Roc).

– rastro

Thanks! It's a non-trem variant so that would do the job. I'll investigate...

If that doesn't work, I've had great success with these folks; for vintage stuff, and newer stuff as well:

Link

Register Sign in to join the conversation