Vintage Gretsch Guitars

A tale of two ‘55 6121’s…

Time to resurrect this thread guys! It's actually long over due but my life has been such a whirlwind that guitar stuff has been sacrificed.

Hoping the add a photo from your computer feature is back or this will be a disappointing post. Here's the resurrected "donor '55 6121", with it's single P-90 (junior style) format, vintage neo/ebony fretboard, locking tuners, and added on-board effect. The guard is actually leather (for now). The piece of '50s tortoise celluloid I got is kind of thick and I was concerned it would not work with the contour of the top. The guitar is still in KC, and I'm in NC so I haven't played it much... but she's back making music (as promised)!

Looks great ! What is the added in-board effect?

it looks great, Ed ! what are you doing in NC ?

Hi Ed, I still need to visit, or if you happen to be by my way please stop by. Your Jr. looks cool!

it looks great, Ed ! what are you doing in NC ?

– Sgt Rock

Umm... he lives there now. For a while now, actually.

What's it been now, Ed? 8-10 months or so? For some reason I'm thinking longer, but it's been awhile since we talked.

What a fine looking instrument, single p90, Bigsby, a hollow bodied LP junior, that really oozes cool. Bet it sounds killer

Looks great ! What is the added in-board effect?

– eCastro

There was a lot of routed ugliness under the guard, so I decided to fill it up with something unexpected (for a '55 6121)... it's the Black Ice overdrive. That's what the extra knobs is for!

http://www.blackiceoverdriv...

Umm... he lives there now. For a while now, actually.

What's it been now, Ed? 8-10 months or so? For some reason I'm thinking longer, but it's been awhile since we talked.

– Tartan Phantom

Yea Rob... it's year at the end of April. Hard to believe. I honestly wish I were back in KC (especially after getting my taxes done today)!

Yea Rob... it's year at the end of April. Hard to believe. I honestly wish I were back in KC (especially after getting my taxes done today)!

– kc_eddie_b

wow ! where have I been ? anyway, glad to see ya around Ed. and thanks Rob.

Very cool project Ed! I love it when guitars are brought back to life. And who could argue with a P90!

Register Sign in to join the conversation