Vintage Gretsch Guitars

67 astro Jet on eBay

This is a new one on me! An Astro Jet with four knobs and a built in boost switch...I guess like the Rally and Vette at the time?

Link...eBay Astro

Right, the last year of Astro Jet had that stuff. I see a lot of people listing "1963 Astro Jets" but as far as I know it was 1965-67 only. Vettes didn't get treble boost(?) But I have seen 'Birds that had it.

I've documented a batch of Astro Jets at #543xx, which is late '63 by my estimation.

Right, the last year of Astro Jet had that stuff. I see a lot of people listing "1963 Astro Jets" but as far as I know it was 1965-67 only. Vettes didn't get treble boost(?) But I have seen 'Birds that had it.

– DCBirdMan

– DCBirdMan

I have a 1967 Corvette that has the treble boost.

Ahhh another Gruhn Guide/KC Ed slugfest on the Astro Jet.

'63 catalog does not show Astro Jet. Maybe they were embarassed.

But who knows what was going on since the '65 catalog shows the Vette w/ 3/3 headstock, and we pretty much know '63 into sometime in '64 was transition to 4/2 headstock.

But 63 means SuperTrons had to be out by then also.

Still don't forget Jet/Jet Firebird had treble boost also.

Well DC, I can't really say where/how 'ol George gets his info., but here's some other landmarks that I use as a reference...

483xx - earliest 6122 with mute levers I've encountered, 493xx - Feb. '63 pot codes, 516xx - sales receipt April '64, 534xx - earliest Astro Jet I've encountered, 536xx - earliest full batch of Tenny's with painted F-holes I've encountered, 545xx - earliest 6070 Bass I've encountered, 548xx - sales receipt Dec. '63, 574xx - Jan. '64 pot codes

I'm thinking it might be modded. 9V battery?

Register Sign in to join the conversation