Vintage Gretsch Guitars

6120 restoration vid

Well that was certainly useless. I was hoping to see a time lapse video of the actual work, not dialogue about what he's going to do.

I didn't even watch it (yet) maybe will pass.

You can tell that this guy works at Gruhn's... because he describes the guitar as a 1963 6120, despite it having its serial number stamped on the back of the headstock (so it's at least a '66). That also explains the black felt under the mute lever (a '66 and later feature). It's also why he refers to it as a "Nashville", which is no doubt displayed on the headstock plaque (another '66 and later feature). He must still be using George book!

You can tell that this guy works at Gruhn's... because he describes the guitar as a 1963 6120, despite it having its serial number stamped on the back of the headstock (so it's at least a '66). That also explains the black felt under the mute lever (a '66 and later feature). It's also why he refers to it as a "Nashville", which is no doubt displayed on the headstock plaque (another '66 and later feature). He must still be using George book!

– kc_eddie_b

Well the young folks are taking over that biz now and @ Gruhn's also. But I have seen other errors from them like a blond early 60s Showman described as a '67 which was the last year of black panel Fender amps. GC gets stuff wrong, totally misidentified, all the time. Sometimes bargains are to be had because of this.

Register Sign in to join the conversation