Vintage Gretsch Guitars

61 Real Player Club PSA

No Affiliation With Seller.

The real deal at a great price. That neck is a beauty and so is the back of the cutaway. Missing a strap knob and no rot. With an earlier snowflake case too.

Looks like a good deal I wonder if it would take a bigsby? Is that space control bridge bottomed out? Hard to tell

Yeah, might need a B7 or one of those other callahan adapter thingys.

I wonder how close in serial # it is to mine. I wish I hadn't seen it since he's only 20 minutes from me...

Yeah, I'm thinking of changing my handle to "N. Abler."

Yeah, might need a B7 or one of those other callahan adapter thingys.

– lx

or a neck reset!

'66 with Dynas? ;)

– charlie chitlins

I suppose it's a hybrid, since the body has a kill switch and 2 pickup selectors. Maybe the dynas were added.

'61 with a flip-up mute?

– Bob Keenan

The CC Ed directed us to doesn't have a mute. That's a standby switch.

Here's another vintage Club player ('66 model year).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13...

– kc_eddie_b

I think that one was posted here before. It was on Craigslist in orange country CA and the fellow wanted 2k it. Rarity was one of the main selling points. He put modern Dynasonics in it and modern grovers. It's a totally punk rock country club. Very rough around the edges. The starting price is a lot better than the craigslist ad of $2K

Here: http://gretschpages.com/for...

One thing I would wonder about with this second club is if the braces were cutout to accommodate the poles of the dynasonics I was going to try dynasonics on my 64 thin club but the braces were too close together and I didn't want to carve a chunk out of both of them

The CC Ed directed us to doesn't have a mute. That's a standby switch.

– Windsordave

I'm referring to the original post (the '61). Should be mute-less or dial-up, no?

I'm referring to the original post (the '61). Should be mute-less or dial-up, no?

– Bob Keenan

Right. The earliest ones had the dial-ups then soon went to double mutes, followed by the single mute so nowhere near a '61.

I don't think country clubs ever had double mutes

CC's only ever had single mutes. This guitar serial number starts with 491xx. It's a 63 but the owner/seller thinks it's a '61. My '62 starts with #470xx & he doesn't know if it has Trestle bracing..

Register Sign in to join the conversation