Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1964 6120 Electrotone

Nice 64 honey. Had it a while now (more than a month)!

Never really got on with these. Most I've played had an inch high action at the 12th fret and binding rot. This plays really well and not a hint of rot.

Very nice. I have always loved this model. Glad you found one that you liked.

The only things I don't care for are the long heel and the mix of silver and gold. But this was one I lusted for from the beginning, along with the Tennessean and Country Gentleman.

I had an early one 1962 or 3. still had the horseshoe on the headstock. Then a baldwin with the metal Nashville badge. Both great guitars. I wish I still had the old one.

As much as I am as 50s junky, these have always been on of my favorites. I always had a steady stream of this model and version coming through my guitar shop doors.

Nice case as well. I like these guitars and prefer double cuts. Congrats

Pretty nice collection of case candy there... some interesting ephemera!

An orange 6120 DC Electrotone was the first Gretsch I decided to want when I fell down this rabbit hole years ago.

20-some Gretschs later, I still don't have one. I don't know what's wrong with me.

My first Gretsch -- a '63-ish double cut 6120 bought for £99 in 1977. It had had a hard life -- the mute mechanism was missing, the Bigsby had no arm and no spring, the mud switch did nothing at all and I was too skint to do anything about it. But that guitar sounded great and was wonderful to play. Happy days.

I'm a single cut dude but there's the odd piece of 60s and 70s double cuts that I like. Baldwin stereo Falcons and Vikings for example

An orange 6120 DC Electrotone was the first Gretsch I decided to want when I fell down this rabbit hole years ago.

20-some Gretschs later, I still don't have one. I don't know what's wrong with me.

– Proteus

Is there any way out of this rabbit hole?

If you have enough money, you might be able to buy your way out.

I always thought the only way out was when ya ran out of money!

I've reached that point,with aul geets anyway.

Register Sign in to join the conversation