Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1963 Double (Tennessean) Anniversary on eBay

You guys will have a field day with this one.... I mentioned it in the other thread but nobody really picked up on it....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SW...

Late '63 or early '64 Tenny....looks like my first Gretsch but this one has analine faded to brown, check out THAT price...

She's a beaut, if your into Faux Holes.

Pickguard extra.... prices of the other stuff just as absurd, like an $8K black panel Deluxe Reverb.

Pickguard extra.... prices of the other stuff just as absurd, like an $8K black panel Deluxe Reverb.

– DCBirdMan

What's the game? Delusional, or is there actually a strategy at work here?

I actually emailed the seller to make the correction...as far as a game or strategy....I'm hoping they're part of a movement to drive the value/prices of vint

...oops...vintage Gretsch's back up to ridiculously overpriced...since I'm holding on to mine and not looking to sell (ha ha ha)!

I still think the whole 'sky's the lmiit' scene on vintage guitar prices (with a few exceptions) is over and has been for a while.. No one gives a damn, especially Our Nation's Youth,.

The seller is obviously clueless as to what he's selling... so why would we expect him to have half a clue on the value of it? I always shake my head when someone is trying to sell a vintage guitar with one photograph.

Well, I, for one, hope he gets his price. It would portend well for me if/when I sell my old darlings.

Paul/FF909

He is an idiot.

He's got a '63 Tenny; the Harrison model with no binding rot and he doesn't even know it.

Pretty well identical to mine. I love that brown colour. (minus the bar bridge) great guitar, stupid price.

Register Sign in to join the conversation