Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1960 Gretsch Tennessean

Nice guitars. Yes the pickup is really musical and combined with the trestle bracing it's bite is amazing. The neck shape us exactly the same as my 57 6120

I've given up trying to own them all at the same time. I just play em and sell them on to fund the next gretsch purchase these days. Ive kept the 7670 which is an amazing old gal. Dare say I will move this 6119 on after a while..........who knows where Gretsch GAS will take you

Yup! the custom one has a tv jones classic in it which sounds great, but just doesn't have the same character as the PAF, but still two super complimentary guitars.

The 1960 has been my main guitar for the last 2 years, never connected with an axe so quickly. If you wanna talk little mods lemme know!

That is a remarkably clean aul geet ,congrats Andrew ,enjoy it for what little time ya have with it sir.

Cool guitar! VERY much like my long-gone 33932!

Sweet guitar! any particular reason you let it go?

I've given up trying to own them all at the same time. I just play em and sell them on to fund the next gretsch purchase these days. Ive kept the 7670 which is an amazing old gal. Dare say I will move this 6119 on after a while..........who knows where Gretsch GAS will take you

– gretschcrush

I used to think that people who flipped numerous guitars were crazy. Now I see the wisdom in such activity.

‘Tis better to have loved once than not at all? Nah - at least like as many as you can (although I’ll never understand selling that Surf Green Falcon).

Baba Joe - the more the better. Financially I just have to accept that I can only have one or two at a time. As for the Surf Green Falcon it just wasn't me.......ive played all of Voodoovendor's 50s Falcons and that's the best ever feeling playing the real thing! Those custom shop guitars just don't cut the mustard after them!!

Yup! the custom one has a tv jones classic in it which sounds great, but just doesn't have the same character as the PAF, but still two super complimentary guitars.

The 1960 has been my main guitar for the last 2 years, never connected with an axe so quickly. If you wanna talk little mods lemme know!

– Buddy Mercury

You should buy one of TV's Ful-Fidelity Ray Butts FilterTron's. Same specs as the original PAF FilterTron! Probably his best sounding vintage type FilterTron!

Maybe someday I'll be able to A/B these new TV Ray Butts pups to my Ray Butts' pups made by the man himself, most likely made in the '90's in his home. The TV's are the 'normal' ohm rating but mine are very hot at 13+ ohms, and have a huge dynamic range.

You should buy one of TV's Ful-Fidelity Ray Butts FilterTron's. Same specs as the original PAF FilterTron! Probably his best sounding vintage type FilterTron!

My ears are not that great. I have put regular TV Jones Classics next to the various PAF Filtertrons from 58-60 and can't really meaningfully distinguish them.

Here's mine. I do love it. Feel-wise to me it's like it has a slightly shorter scale and narrower nut. I do really like it. It came with a Guild 12 string tailpiece, glued down bridge and a white custom pickguard. Hence the non original parts, The 6 extra holes in the headstock are the real problem!

Really nice guitar there Mark. They look so cool imo.great way to get a vintage golden era gretsch for not a lot of money. Mine feels like my 6120 tbh. Pickup is blistering clarity

Great and very cool guitar, so I bought it! Thanks gretschcrush!

Register Sign in to join the conversation