Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1960 G6124 Single Anniversary

• Does anyone know a reputable guitar shop in the greater Detroit area where I can get this guitar set up and lightly cleaned? I'm in California but the guitar is in Detroit. My girlfriend inherited it from her step-father. Also, has anyone heard anything about Koontz guitar repair (Detroit)? Thanks!!

Enjoy that sweet guitar! Nice to have the original case as well.

I love the Anniversary...my first electric guitar. The Bigsby vibrato and bridge are not original to this model. It would have had a space control bridge and "G" tailpiece. Here's my '60 model to compare the original set-up (the Tone Twister vibrato on mine is NOT original to a 1960 model, though).

Make sure not to trade the Bigsby for an original tailpiece; it looks to be vintage and therefore worth a bit.

Hey a cool 1960s Annie ... probably 1st half of 1960s. Just needs a good cleaning and set up and you're good to go w/ that righteous neck HiLo Tron

• Does anyone know a reputable guitar shop in the greater Detroit area where I can get this guitar set up and lightly cleaned? I'm in California but the guitar is in Detroit. My girlfriend inherited it from her step-father. Also, has anyone heard anything about Koontz guitar repair (Detroit)? Thanks!!
– Morthnadic

I could give you a name or two here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, but not Detroit. hopefully, someone from the Detroit area will chime in before long. nice looking Annie.

If it was here in L.A. I could take care of it for you! I've owned a couple of `59 6124's and I currently have two 6192's(Country Club) a 62 & a 64. Even though most folks think of me as an amp guy, I've been working on guitars for 40+ years doing setups, fret work, etc..

Bigsby's a '57/'58.

Maybe a bit later as that's not a Duane Eddy handle?

Bigsby's a '57/'58.

Maybe a bit later as that's not a Duane Eddy handle?

– lx

A cast, or DE handle would put it at '56, possibly '57. This is '57-'58. '59 would have a Phillips stud.

I can't help you in Detroit, but I know a great guy in Cleveland.

Register Sign in to join the conversation