Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1959 Anniversary

...just throwing this out there. Not entirely sure that I wanna part with this guitar. But...I have a surprisingly strong hankering for a specific 1950s non-Gretsch guitar right now and I can't seem to shake the urge to scratch that itch.

I'm not willing to willy-nilly scratch that itch by just shelling out some moolah on said guitar so I figured I'd do the sensible thing and see if there's any value in moving one guitar out of the family to make room for another.

Crazy talk? Perhaps....but it is what it is.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there in GDP land who might be interested in my fairly recently acquired 1959 Annie. Fantastic guitar...a player, not a museum piece. I've only just switched out the original Filter'Tron for a TV Jones T-Armond (which has improved the tone of this guitar immeasurably in my opinion) but if I were to sell this it would come with the original Filter'Tron, original tailpiece and original space control bridge. The 1950s Bigsby B7 and Bigsby Dogbone bridge would be sold separately.

I'm not listing this in the Garage Sale section yet as to be honest I'm not sure that my best course of action right now is to sell this Annie. But I'm throwing it out to the universe for the heck of it.

Lemme know if there's any interest. Thanks!

I’m interested, at what price?

Did you have to mess around to get the T-armond in there? How many holes for the Bigsby? Why not a B6?

I might be interested in the Bigsby B7 if you're looking to sell that. Let me know!

For shame!!!! You hear one Kay with Kleenex box pickups and your ready to give up the guitar I just helped you get!!!!! Btw I just bought a set of Kleenex box pickups!!!!!!!

I would like those pickups if you could actually pull kleenexs out of them> Now that would be something! Nice single Anniversary

For shame!!!! You hear one Kay with Kleenex box pickups and your ready to give up the guitar I just helped you get!!!!! Btw I just bought a set of Kleenex box pickups!!!!!!!

– paul pigat

Hahaha! Not saying I’m selling it, just shakin’ the tree is all. And it’s your fault anyway...you shouldn’t have played that Kay the other night. What are you putting the Kleenex pups in?

Did you have to mess around to get the T-armond in there? How many holes for the Bigsby? Why not a B6?

– hammerhands

I’ll drop you an email.

I might be interested in the Bigsby B7 if you're looking to sell that. Let me know!

– kc_eddie_b

Email sent Ed.

A little "Rock 'n' Roll Ruby" from the T-Armond though a Princeton Reverb RI.

Nooooooo!!! Everyone needs an Anniversary and a Tele! Don't do it!.... ; )

Nooooooo!!! Everyone needs an Anniversary and a Tele! Don't do it!.... ; )

– Danman

Ha! I hear you Danman. It’s just this darned dose of sensible that has hit me. I really want to try my luck with a nice 1957-59 Kay Barney Kessel or Upbeat so I need to make room instead of adding to my ‘problem’.

Of course having guitar addiction enablers like Paul Pigat for friends only adds to the problem ; )

– hammerhands

I dropped you an email hammerhands but I may as well answer here too.

The price will depend on what stays with the guitar but will be commensurate with market value for a player ‘59 Anniversary and the going rate for a 50s B7.

The TV Jones T-Armond is designed to drop right into the Filter’Tron housing with no alterations needed.

There are four screws for the B7. And I’m assuming the neck relief is the reason that some previous owner put the B7 on instead of a B6. My plan was to gig with the Annie a few times for the fun of it and then put it all back to factory specs as a home player.

Ha! I hear you Danman. It’s just this darned dose of sensible that has hit me. I really want to try my luck with a nice 1957-59 Kay Barney Kessel or Upbeat so I need to make room instead of adding to my ‘problem’.

Of course having guitar addiction enablers like Paul Pigat for friends only adds to the problem ; )

– Wheelgrinder

Yeah, Paul isn't helping I'm sure. But that sounds like a good thing. I've heard very bad things about those doses of sensible..... Never had any of those, luckily... ; )

Hahaha! Not saying I’m selling it, just shakin’ the tree is all. And it’s your fault anyway...you shouldn’t have played that Kay the other night. What are you putting the Kleenex pups in?

– Wheelgrinder

This. I'm basically making an Upbeat

– paul pigat

That, I’m looking forward to hearing!

– paul pigat

That has the same body shape as a giant airline archtop acoustic I used to have

The Anniversary is a 24.5” scale, or there abouts?

The T-Armond actually looks pretty darn awesome. Sounds great as well. Luckily you’re not thinking about a Gibson Barney Kessel. Maaike wants to buy your Annie if you guys would bring it over. But she also wants to buy a certain 6121 advertised on a certain forum. And Danman’s 6120. I think she’s out of control.

The Anniversary is a 24.5” scale, or there abouts?

– hammerhands

Yep. 24.5”.

The T-Armond actually looks pretty darn awesome. Sounds great as well. Luckily you’re not thinking about a Gibson Barney Kessel. Maaike wants to buy your Annie if you guys would bring it over. But she also wants to buy a certain 6121 advertised on a certain forum. And Danman’s 6120. I think she’s out of control.

– Greasy G

Haha! She is indeed out of control

Register Sign in to join the conversation