Modern Gretsch Guitars

1990 Silver Jet 6129 switching pickups out

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not a set of Rowe Industries Dynasonics from the late 50's would fit into my Guitar that came with Ceramic Fitertrons without routing it--thanks

You'll have to route a little as well as opening up the ends of the plastic rings a little.

Yeah, they look a tad bit taller than the Filtertrons

In great shape though

Those are original 50s??? They look brandnew. I would have thought that even in a box they had some signs of age, whatever these signs are. I'm stunned.

Oh, you are so going to have a good time with the D'Armonds. And getting advice from BZ is like a blessing for your Silver Jet.

Those are original 50s??? They look brandnew. I would have thought that even in a box they had some signs of age, whatever these signs are. I'm stunned.

– sascha

I was very happy to have found them and promise to give them a good home , I've been looking for a while now and my wait paid off, and I've got all the info I need now thanks to TGP

Good luck and keep us updated!

Good luck and keep us updated!

– sascha

Count on it Sascha

I swapped out filters for dynas and though not on a jet I had the same issues with rings. I know some ppl hollow out their filter rings and place the dyne in the centre. I wasn't keen on that look and didn't want to hack vintage rings so i had a GDPer here, Paul Setzer, to make dyna risers a little wider . You just need to measure u when you order.

I'm currently using acoustic strings so I have had to use an old gretsch riser for the bridge and the Setzer for the neck. You can see in the pic that the vintage riser doesn't cover the filter ring screw holes , the Setzer in the neck does.

I swapped out filters for dynas and though not on a jet I had the same issues with rings. I know some ppl hollow out their filter rings and place the dyne in the centre. I wasn't keen on that look and didn't want to hack vintage rings so i had a GDPer here, Paul Setzer, to make dyna risers a little wider . You just need to measure u when you order.

I'm currently using acoustic strings so I have had to use an old gretsch riser for the bridge and the Setzer for the neck. You can see in the pic that the vintage riser doesn't cover the filter ring screw holes , the Setzer in the neck does.

– elvis castro

Thanks Elvis-- Paul does do great work, but I hadn't even thought about him for this job on the Risers__ I'll remember that--- But Hey----"Acoustic" Strings on your Electric Guitar?--What Gives?--Sounds like an interesting story

Yeah - Long weekend broken string and went to restring before a band practice - then realised i only had Thomastik Plectrum acoustic strings. Gave it a go and the output was low. Raised the pickups and really love the sound.

BTW - My dynas are 50s too. In pretty good nick but yours are beautiful

Register Sign in to join the conversation