Vintage Gretsch Guitars

1955 Cheesecake Pin-Up

Just for the heck of it on this second day of 2019. Betty Page...Lana Turner....Betty Grable eat your hearts out. This is my kinda pin-up!!

Man yer killing me. I would love one but then would go messing with it, ie putting big frets on etc. So I best stay away -resist temptation.

Gorgeous Streamliner! This model was my gateway drug into the vintage Gretsch addiction!

Gorgeous Streamliner! This model was my gateway drug into the vintage Gretsch addiction!

– kc_eddie_b

Maybe you owned this one at some stage Ed...? This beautiful gal is in both of your books. I swapped out the original 'G' cutout Tailpiece (which I still have with the guitar) for the Bigsby but other than that this is the same Streamliner pictured on page 62 of your "Manual of Gretsch Guitars: 1950s" and page 56 of "Gretsch 6120; The History of a Legendary Guitar". The only other change is that the truss rod was broken by the time the guitar reached me so there's a new truss rod in the neck now.

Don't think I'll ever part with this one!

I was expecting cheesecake. Damn you!!!

I was expecting cheesecake. Damn you!!!

– paul pigat

I don't want you to be disappointed, Paul. What? That's not the cheesecake that you meant? Oh, man!

Is that the one that came from me as part of that 3 way trade? Holey moley, I had no idea the truss rod was broken. I just thought it was a one way truss rod. I feel bad if that was the case.

I'd like 2 slices of cheesecake, please!

A '56 and a '57...Mmm.

Is that the one that came from me as part of that 3 way trade? Holey moley, I had no idea the truss rod was broken. I just thought it was a one way truss rod. I feel bad if that was the case.

– Journeyman

Don’t sweat it Roy. I had no idea either until my luthier pointed it out. Still grateful that you and Andrew were up for the three-way trade every time I pick up and play this guitar

Me, I got a date with a '58,

when I want to scratch that Filtertron itch.

Don’t sweat it Roy. I had no idea either until my luthier pointed it out. Still grateful that you and Andrew were up for the three-way trade every time I pick up and play this guitar

– Wheelgrinder

Well, that's very generous of you. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, just let me know. I be glad to cover some of your extra expense for that.

I had to have a neck reset done on the one I got from Andrew, but I don't regret it. With that, a refret and the right pickup and bridge, I have a great jazz guitar that I couldn't be happier with. I guess it sometimes comes with these old dogs.

I wish on omthese would come up for sale near me

I wish on omthese would come up for sale near me

– eCastro

Where do you live?

We should talk.

I don't want you to be disappointed, Paul. What? That's not the cheesecake that you meant? Oh, man!

– Ric12string

Yup. That’s the cheesecake I was looking for

Register Sign in to join the conversation