Vince Ray's Kustom Korner

NGD - Graick 2312-T Vince Ray

I am 50...there, I said it! And to commemorate this momentous day (it was back in December 2016) I built a Billy Bo replica.....not only that but Mr Ray himself adorned the rear with a custom design to mark the occasion (he lives 5 miles from me, which is handy).

The front - flamed maple, TVJ pickups, Sperzel machineheads, Bigsby B3G, TruArc bridge, glass/gold leaf controls.

And the rear, courtesy on Vince...

Hope you like it even a tiny amount as much as I do..... cos I am REALLY pleased.

Way cool!

That's one hell o a birthday gift!

That's brilliant!!! Vince Ray's work makes everything so much better!!!

I never cease to be amazed at the talents of people on this site. Well done, sir.

You are all too kind....I only put together the excellent work of others.... Graham the luthier , TV Jones, Tim Harman (bridge), Renee Wiggins (control knobs)

That's a cool geet sir,love Mr Ray's stuff too!

Cool. Make more, in USA. Mass market this model. Price it reasonably. It will be a hit.

That is truly a wonderful guitar.....absolutely beautiful! I agree, that you could probably sell all you could make.

Vince is the man. Cool guitar! Gee, I'm turning 55 next month.....

If I had the latent to make guitars (more than a one off) I wouldn't be a telecomms engineer lol

I really enjoyed getting the One Shot paints out, I don't get to do this kind of commission much these days. Plus it was a pleasure to work with you and share music interests. Fantastic guitar too....I need a Bo in my life

WOW...very very nice

Few things beat having a dream guitar. Congrats to both artists.

I really enjoyed getting the One Shot paints out, I don't get to do this kind of commission much these days. Plus it was a pleasure to work with you and share music interests. Fantastic guitar too....I need a Bo in my life

– Vince_Ray

It was great working with you on the design, meeting the family and coming down to see you play. We'll definitely be back for more :)

What a piece of art! Love the guitar and finish, I bet it sounds cool too.

I am 50...there, I said it! And to commemorate this momentous day (it was back in December 2016) I built a Billy Bo replica.....not only that but Mr Ray himself adorned the rear with a custom design to mark the occasion (he lives 5 miles from me, which is handy).

The front - flamed maple, TVJ pickups, Sperzel machineheads, Bigsby B3G, TruArc bridge, glass/gold leaf controls.

And the rear, courtesy on Vince...

Hope you like it even a tiny amount as much as I do..... cos I am REALLY pleased.

– bexxxhill

That is fark!n purdy........Lovin the Gibby "Zoot Suit" LP too. I still regularly search eBay and gumtree (Craigslist clone) for an SG in that finish. One day......

Damn son! That's very cool!

Must admit I do keep an eye open for an SG Zoot to match it :)

Wow Wow Wow!!! The color of the top is to die for. Super nice job!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation