Vince Ray's Kustom Korner

Guitartoon

Just Discover this man today, sure Duane love his playing really Top Class

Mr Jerry Miller

YOU BLASPHEME!!! There is only ONE King of Twang. :D :D :D

Bear wrote:

Have u see this man !!! i understand the throne can only e occupied by one but sincerlly Bear Isn´t Jerry Miller a top class twang player?

Now that was really very tasteful playing. Great feeling in the whole song. Cool, cool. Thanks for posting this Johnny.

Jerry Miller is amazing, he's the reason I became interested in guitar playing again. Eilen Jewell's 'Letters From Sinners and Strangers' Album was on constant rotaion for about three years, IT IS WONDERFUL.

Is it just me, or did she remind you of a female version of Lyle Lovett? Well? Okay, it's just me. I thought she did a very good job and delivered her song very well. The Combo was good and solid. The groove was there and I could listen to more of that for a long time.

Mr. Miller's guitar playing is impressive, johnny2009, I agree. I keep wanting to use Deed's word, tasteful, but that is what it was. It fit the mood of the song and the girl's very impressive delivery to a tee.

Duane's throne is safe, IMO, but the thing that impresses me is how far reaching (still) is Duane's influence. He tries to downplay that all the time, but his shadow is huge, and I feel privileged that I have stood in that shadow.

Very nice mood inspired music, but as good as it was, can you imagine what it would have been like for the real King to have been there?

If I could play guitar, that's exactly how I'd want to play it. Looks like I'll have to start adding Eilen Jewell to my amazon wish list.

Good playing but he'll never sit in Duane's throne. Duane's Supreme Monarchy of Twang shall live on forever!

Pardon my ignorance but what Gretsch is he playing? With the G appointments it seems like it should have Dynasonics, but the PUs look like Filtertrons.

johnny2009 wrote:

Bear wrote:

Have u see this man !!! i understand the throne can only e occupied by one but sincerlly Bear Isn´t Jerry Miller a top class twang player?

Absolutely. I was just having some fun with you.

Did Jerry Miller play for Neko Case? The of the playing on the "Blacklisted" record sounded similarly tasty.

Nice playing and good tone. Definitely influenced by the King of Twang. (File under, "Other Players".)

i like this tune!! very cool!

great tone and playing.. just good stuff... no filler, no wanking. space works so well when used right!

Super Hip! Thanks for turning me onto the the group and Mr. Miller. Dig.

johnsgretsch wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but what Gretsch is he playing? With the G appointments it seems like it should have Dynasonics, but the PUs look like Filtertrons.

His Facebook site states it's a '99 Roundup Reissue.

I guess the age explains it (pre-FMIC). It has the horseshoe headstock and western appointments but with filters. Researching the info on this site it appears there have been several models of "Jets" with that combination.

Nice, i´m glad you all like it cus Mr Miller is not too much famous but his playing well deserve a recognition, anyway he is considered by the critique in between the top 100 all times guitar players :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation