Vince Ray's Kustom Korner

67 Fender Coronado project

I bought this Coronado body a few months back thinking it would be my "November project". I was busy with other things so I finally got around to working on it this week. The previous owner attempted a brown stain but it turned out blotchy and ugly overall. Anyway here is the progress on it, just need to spray some kandy and clear on it!!

And that's Kustom with a capital K!!!

I love your work. Shame I'm broke.

Amazing work. I love those scales.

Superb artwork as always. By the way, how's your car project coming along?

The car is registered and insured but I just have to crawl under it and finish up the exhaust. After that it's mostly minor things it needs done, thanks for asking!

I try to mix up some minor things in between the harder stuff so I don't get burnt out on this old Buick.... such as this "air conditioning" handle ( lifts up the air scoop on the cowl!)

Here's today's progress, sprayed my favorite kandy gold over the airbrushed parts and then removed the tape to reveal the maple top areas. Just need to go thru the whole clear/wet sand/ buff ordeal and it's done!

The back... there's one spot near my thumb where I spilt some black and it stained the wood... bugs the hell out of me because it won't lift up even with thinner. Oh well, lesson learned I guess

Heres an idea. Calling Joe Carducci!!!!! How bout a Rattlecat custom line!!!???

Finished!!!

I decided to go with a flat clear and I'm glad I did! She looks stunning. And as you can see she was originally red, although I have no idea what that 13 stamp stands for

The back, which I like more than the front!

And an artsy shot on the Buick for good measure

That is wicked! I'm just now seeing this. Love the details like points at the f holes and leaves between the pickups and bubbles on the sides!

Your probably using a dual action brush?

Yeah that spilt black on the back would bother me too, but what's done is done! Is it 1-Shot? I thought I read somewhere that these bodies where Beech(?) plywood?

Killer job. I can't wait to see what somebody does with it. Some white faced Dynasonics would look at home on it. Maybe "13" was the inspector? Mine has a "P" I believe.

photo 5A4E6507-CC94-46C0-BFC7-D0A3BCA1ADFA_zpswllm4wzq.jpg

Thanks. Yeah I'm using my trusty Iwata airbrush gun. And I don't use 1-shot... it's house of kolor airbrush paint. 1-shot i use when pintripping( not often)

It's tavo's project now so we'll see what he does with it!!!

That is wicked! I'm just now seeing this. Love the details like points at the f holes and leaves between the pickups and bubbles on the sides!

Your probably using a dual action brush?

Yeah that spilt black on the back would bother me too, but what's done is done! Is it 1-Shot? I thought I read somewhere that these bodies where Beech(?) plywood?

Killer job. I can't wait to see what somebody does with it. Some white faced Dynasonics would look at home on it. Maybe "13" was the inspector? Mine has a "P" I believe.

photo 5A4E6507-CC94-46C0-BFC7-D0A3BCA1ADFA_zpswllm4wzq.jpg

– Setzer

selling a vibrato and tailpiece mount at all?? Got any PKup covers?I was gonna find broke ones and send them to Tv Jones for rewind AND wax potting. the one I grew up w squealed like a pig w overdrive :)

That was the issue I had, not finding parts. I did consider putting a b3 and some dearmond 2ks (or 2000???) on it that I have lying around. But then I would still need a neck for it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation