Vince Ray's Kustom Korner

5129 with Setzer artwork

It seems people are more ready to replace Gretsch Dynasonics with T'Armonds than replacing Dearmond 2000's with T'Armonds. I thought Dearmond 2000's were constructed more like P90's.

From what I often read it seems people like the Dearmond 2000's better than Gretsch Dynasonics but T'Armonds are TV Jones' version of a Gretsch Dynasonic.

– BuddyHollywood

DeArmond 2000's are like Dynasonic lights.

It's the DeArmond 2K that is made like a P90. Yes, the names are quite confusing.

It seems people are more ready to replace Gretsch Dynasonics with T'Armonds than replacing Dearmond 2000's with T'Armonds. I thought Dearmond 2000's were constructed more like P90's.

From what I often read it seems people like the Dearmond 2000's better than Gretsch Dynasonics but T'Armonds are TV Jones' version of a Gretsch Dynasonic.

– BuddyHollywood

In my 5129 I eventually replaced the Dearmond 2000's with Gretsch Dynas, which I thought were just MORE of everything I liked about the 2000s. I like the T'Armond in my 6120RHH better than the Gretsch Dynasonic.

The Dearmond 2000s actually had their own thing goin on that I really dug. They didn't sound as full as the Gretsch Dynas or the T'Armonds but it wasn't in a bad way.

I ended up putting the bridge 2000 in my Epiphone Sorrento reissue with a vintage Dearmond goldfoil in the neck. They sound GREAT together. Very raunchy woody twang garagey tone.

Now I just need to get a Bigsby on this thing.

Looking good Vince!

Id forgot about doing those decals for the headstock. Nice to see them holding up.

Hey Paul,

Did you get that sheet of white pearloid I had drop shipped to you?

I think the thing that tipped the decision for me was the fact that I play with some distortion at times and I knew the TVJones would cope with that. I like things a little on the edge with breakup and am constantly trying to avoid anything shrill or harsh on the top strings. I knew the TV's would be ok with that

– Vince_Ray

might need a new tru-arc then made of mammoth tusk.

Or a Swarovski crystal tru arc bridge?

Or a Swarovski crystal tru arc bridge?

– Vince_Ray

you could mount 3mm white LEDs just under the bridge base and shine like the starry night. :)

I'm late to this one but really diggin' Setzer's work. Badass lookin' guitar. My 5126 plays perfect and is set up perfect so I will not be screwing with this at all but sure like everything going on with your's. Nice!

Thanks for that, glad it struck a chord with ya! The thing I love about this kind of fooling around is that it isn't that permanent and any bits that were removed can be reinstated. I blame all those years as a kid painting Spitfires and Messerschmitt kits.

Still a great guitar, those 512x series were a lot of fun. Plus the re don the 5129 is theeee perfect shade

Register Sign in to join the conversation