Miscellaneous Rumbles

*WORLD IMPORTANCE* Please watch!!!

I know 30 minutes is quite a lot of time for a video, but this is important!!! Not only for you and me, but for everyone who wants to live on a better planet.

This video is about the mass-murderen Joseph Kony, who is still alive. But he can be stopped. How? First of all, by watching , and even sharing this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watc...)

I know I can count on a community like this one!

Besame Mucho, I promise to watch it as soon as my eyes are good enough to see it clearly. I have downloaded it.

My kids told me about this today I am downloading it now, Looks like 5 million views in the last few hours !

powerful stuff. the way the internet should work. and the way a lot of people in power DO NOT want it to work.

I just watched it today ,pretty powerful and thought provoking message.

I just watched it at the end of my work day. I had never heard of him before but now I have. Chalk up one more informed citizen of the world about this madman.

This would be good material for a sociology dissertation.The folks behind this vid are following what they believe is the process by which memes are created.It'll be interesting to see whether they can cast this particular African warlord as a modern-day Antichrist.I'm not sure what distinguishes Kony from all the other brutal African warlords,but perhaps his particular movement has some characteristic that really does menace the people in the US and Europe who want the movement stopped.

One thought that did cross my mind is that if the USA is beginning to get involved militarily,can the Iranians and the Chinese be far behind?

I am not so cynical to think this is just a meme, isnt this what mega churches should be spending their influence on ? Trying to keep children not just safe and fed but alive ?So what if it does not menace people in the US or Europe. Knowing it exist and looking away is worse. I know you cant fix everything..but.

all you have to do is watch it to help show that awareness (ie the views) have gone up. Don't worry there will be no real work involved. If it gets in the news more I am sure rush will figure out a way to blame Obama

I am not too worried about China getting involved its that damn Canada that worries me..always looking down on us !

Knew what this was going to be fromt he title!

Isn't it amazing how once somthing shows up on facebook/youtube how quickly people follow?

This isnt a recent thing people!

You guys know there are Canucks here, right.....? !#$@% !#$@%

Not trying to belittle the subject of this thread. Horrors in Africa seem to be becoming an almost everyday occurrence, sadly enough.

your right nothing new, what is new is the way in people are bringing attention to it. Thats what I think is great about it.

Just kiddin' about Canada, I live in Maine so I meet a lot whats funny about what I said is they all seem to be some of the nicest, laid back folks.

A lot of Canucks come to the beach here, only real complaint...speedos 8-o

And if Invisible Children's meme-creation is successful and Kony does get cast as the Antichrist-du-jour,isn't his movement likely to behave exactly that way? If there is anything to fault about the Invisible Children initiative,it's that the members and followers assume that this particular bete-noire will bow to public opinion,see the error of his ways, and surrender himself to the World Court.What's more likely to happen is that the Kony faction will go all Waffen-SS on all the people they can.International humanitarians like Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmedinejad (with a little help from their friends in Peking),will follow the US example, send their people and arms in,and we'll all party like it's 1969.

Isn't it amazing how once somthing shows up on facebook/youtube how quickly people follow?

– jaycemumford

– jaycemumford

I know its not recent but there is some power in this numbers game and in april its a chance to get off our fat fkn arses and "do" something literally active. I'm trying to teach my children social justice and this is a teaching moment, a worthy vehicle. I've known about the invisible children campaign for many years but my children have never heard of it and the way the video was created for their generation, drew them in.

You'll notice its mostly young fresh people, not jaded old armchair jockeys like myself that put legs on this. Putting my crash helmet on and plan to poster up some joints :)

Yeah i understand about teaching your kids. Im not being a dick about im just voicing my opinion.

Its just funny (sad really) how 80% of my 'fraudbook' friends jumped on this bandwagon yesterday..

Im glad there are people that care in this world but lets be honest, there are more that are just sheep.. Baaa

Yes, Kony is one of the biggest monsters roaming this planet.

However, this Kony2012/Invisible children organization has been critisized.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

– Ratrod

That's some shady shit right there!

"By IC’s own admission, only 31% of all the funds they receive go toward actually helping anyone [pdf]. The rest go to line the pockets of the three people in charge of the organization, to pay for their travel expenses (over $1 million in the last year alone) and to fund their filmmaking business (also over a million) — which is quite an effective way to make more money, as clearly illustrated by the fact that so many can’t seem to stop forwarding their well-engineered emotional blackmail to everyone they’ve ever known."

Compensation of Leaders | % of Compensation relative to amount of money made by IC | Title

$88,241 | 0.99% | Ben Keesey - CEO
$89,669 | 1.00% | Jason Russell - Co-Founder/Filmmaker
$84,377 | 0.94% | Laren Poole - Co-Founder/Filmmaker

And here are the three of them posing with weapons and personnel of the Sudan People’s Liberation Army. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-PnDZmngAhM/Sa_KBGNySiI/AAAAAAAAAJY/uBOfiAysghs/s1600-h/IMG_2941.JPG

I've read a few of the criticisms of this group. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for informing the world. I just don't think that sending money is the answer. To anything. That's just me. Too many people in charge of where the money goes, and the money doesn't go anywhere that it should a lot of the time.

Love, a laid-back Canuck.

That guy still around? :P

Yeah i understand about teaching your kids. Im not being a dick about im just voicing my opinion.

Its just funny (sad really) how 80% of my 'fraudbook' friends jumped on this bandwagon yesterday..

Im glad there are people that care in this world but lets be honest, there are more that are just sheep.. Baaa

– jaycemumford

That said, it is good that this is getting to the public sphere, even if there's questions around the org behind the push.

Those are helpful links Ratrod, thanks.

I think the thing I'm most concerned about is how do they get this guy? He's surrounded himself with children. The video suggests using military action. He's certainly brainwashed some of these kids to really fight for him.

And not to take away from the motivation of the video but it seems Kony is no longer in his prime. The links Ratrod provided show his army as 80% less than it was at it's apex. It's certainly progress.

Misuse of funds aside, my main concern is how to take the guy out?

"Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield"

thats a quote from rush. That creep will side with the devil

really dont care if the guy makes 80 grand a year doing this, I am o.k. with it. people make a LOT more doing a LOT less.

Don't get me wrong even though I am a cycical basterd. The world should get rid of that Kony. And if anyone feels the need to jump on Invisible Children's bandwagon, I won't stop anyone either.

But instead of spending millions in awareness campaigns, it would have been more effective to spend that money on some mercenairies and have that guy shot between the eyes.

It all reminds me a bit too much of the One Foundation and Pink Ribbon (in Holland).

Register Sign in to join the conversation