Miscellaneous Rumbles

Winter NAMM 2018 — Who’s Going?

Let's plan to connect, Bob. I know of something going on that you may well enjoy.

– Ric12string

Sorry to miss the early part of Thursday's Gretsch fun; but, I'll be looking for everyone all other times and places. Are you able to stay a while NJB? (Michael Nesmith is at the Troubadour NAMM Thursday; so, I'm not able to make both early.)

Let's plan to connect, Bob. I know of something going on that you may well enjoy.

– Ric12string

Thanks. We can exchange info in an email. Njbob10atverizondotnet

I’m on the fence, can’t find a room in the same zip code.

– Curt Wilson

Eden Roc hotel right to the side of the convention still has rooms.. Double tree at the end of south harbor (2 miles away) has rooms. Same w Embassy Suites.

I could use some California sun, this winter up here in Canada is killing me already! Do you think the hotels would accept my Canadian MasterCard?

I have 2 connections with reservations to spare if you're interested, one to share and one to have. More reasonable and still near.

Following on from the video posted by Olivia Anne...a moment that I know many of you will really enjoy.

Following on from the video posted by Olivia Anne...a moment that I know many of you will really enjoy.

– Deed Eddy

Deed, thanks so. That is new to me, and lovely. Happy New Year to you and Duane. All my lovin, Olivia Anne

One of the rooms I knew was available has been taken by one of our Gretsch Guys who will now be coming to NAMM. Still have a friend with another wonderful room 1 mile from venue (that's close, for the price). She has no exposure; just hanging onto it for a bit in case some of our friends, or we GDP folks, need to have it. Let me know if you have anyone who wants it.

Edit: And, a Boy who plays Gretsch is coming in to NAMM from Rio for our event. He has a double room and would appreciate sharing with someone we know.

I marked "I'm going" on the Happenings; if you are, too, you may mark, here http://gretschpages.com/hap...

EDIT #2: If you need a room Thurs-Sun I know of one that has become available.

Catching up on this thread. Still waiting on some passes from a friend; it’s a 50/50 shot.

From the artist roster, I can tell you that The Fenians are the OC’s favorite Irish folk/rock band. A kinder, gentler version of The Pogues one might say. I highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

Ill be there!...its been way too long since ive attended Winter NAMM. Hope to see everyone!

I'll be around on Thursday night, but after the show closes at 6. If anyone wants to link up, let me know when and where.

So cool to see everyone again. Seems odd that Steve lives in Kentucky and I have to get to California to see him-- he does live in that little corner of the state way over there in Pikeville.

Okay, I have it now on very good authority, if you know what I mean, that Gretsch is going to host a big event on Thursday evening during the NAMM Show. So, for those who will be visiting the NAMM Show this year, plan to hang out at the Gretsch event.

Stay tuned right here (or maybe in a new thread, who knows?) for more details when they are made available to us. But, I understand that it will be a highly entertaining performance by some very good bands.

Alrighty then. I'll be looking for you, Bob.

If anyone will be around the week before NAMM, Marty Stuart And His Fabulous Superlatives, and Deke Dickerson, will be at the Troubadour on the 17th. I know we have fans of Deke here for sure; I'm a fan of Marty. And, some of us have gotten in touch to say they will be there when I am for Michael Nesmith on the NAMM Thursday, too, That show sold out in 20 minutes, Link to Stuart event here >>>

– Olivia Anne

I'll be at the Troub for the Marty Stuart / Deke Dickerson show this week, and am also going to the Paul Pigat / Tommy Harkenrider gig in Burbank next week.

As for NAMM, the manufacturer that typically guests me is not exhibiting this year and so I was unable to secure a badge; if there's anyone here that can fix that for me, please PM me ASAP, thanks!

I'm looking for an event Friday night the 26th in Hollywood area. I have graciously volunteered to drive my daughter & friend to the Hippo Campus show at the Fonda Theater that night. Now I just need something to do while they are there.

I am hoping my non-member guest registration goes through so I can attend NAMM.

I will also be at the Imagine III event this Saturday and Tommy Harkenrider/Paul Pigat events the following Saturday. I look forward to meeting others at these events.

Thanks, Scott

Okay, I have it now on very good authority, if you know what I mean, that Gretsch is going to host a big event on Thursday evening during the NAMM Show. So, for those who will be visiting the NAMM Show this year, plan to hang out at the Gretsch event.

Stay tuned right here (or maybe in a new thread, who knows?) for more details when they are made available to us. But, I understand that it will be a highly entertaining performance by some very good bands.

– Ric12string

I know the bands playin, neener neener :)

Well, I found out why Gibson isn't going...

– crowbone

The spirit of Jimmy Webster lives on at Gibson. First, robo-tuners, now these.

Anybody got a schedule and locations of some of these Artist playing Off Site of NAMM?

Off site, Manny? Those listed above were supposed to be playing in and around the immediate environs of the Anaheim Convention Center. As for others, like Paul Pigat, I am not sure if there is a centralized listing for those.

Burbank is like going to Mars for me, That city is Bad Luck for this guy.

I know something is going on at BIGS ,besides that I havent seen much else.

BTW,Im not going to NAMM so Something in the vicinity is more doable for me.

Nobody likes a tease, so let’s go you two. If you know what I mean.

No ma'am. My word is my bond. It's not my place to make those kinds of announcements.

As for that other guy, just ignore him. He may or may not know the scoop.

Bigs in Fullerton, Saturday the 27th at 8pm, Paul Pigat, Kid Ramos and many others.

Facebook Event below.

Link

Bigs in Fullerton, Saturday the 27th at 8pm, Paul Pigat, Kid Ramos and many others.

Facebook Event below.

Link

– Grez

Thanks, Looks like a gig not to miss.

Register Sign in to join the conversation